A pal is moving to far away Montana

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

A pal is moving to far away Montana

Post by otteray »

A good friend retired and is moving to Spring Creek Rd., Laurel Mt .
Sold his home here in the Central Kalifornia Coast and figured his gun rights would be safer there, at least that's one reason why he moved.
He can't stand the political scene here on the liberal coast, either.
I almost gave him one of my prized Marlins as a going away gift, but then I figured, being in Montana, he needs a horse to ride.
So, instead, I gave him a pony head on a stick to ride, like the little kids have.
Anyway , Bob loves his country and is a good natured guy, but he was very upset when I told him that that actor/activist Shawn Penn had a vacation ranch right near where he is moving! April fools, Bob!
I just thought I'd check for him about where to meet some fellow shooters.
Anybody know of any shooting clubs or ranges there for Bob to be introduced to?
Montanaman
Levergunner

Welcome refugees

Post by Montanaman »

A lot of people here in montana bitch about the coming of the "Kalifornians", I feel that if they are gun owners and not likely to vote for Hitlerly then welcome. :D , We have enough liberals as it is, no... we have to darn many!! :evil:
There are a couple of gun clubs in the Billings area, any gunshop can tell him where or who to contact.
I don't understand why he would want to live in the laurel area but more power to him, I hate even driving thru the area. But that's just me.
The first thing to do is get MT plates, then try to forget where he came from, avoid talking about it :) I'm sure there will be a spell of PTSD but he will get better in time, the smell of gun powder and fresh air will help a lot, I wish him luck!
MM
PS... Jim beam works for Snow Snake bites, a small dose every few days will help avoid a bad case of ice worms too. :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The Central Coast ain't so bad, but many an Angelino have trouble breathing air they can't see! Hope your friend adjusts to the lifestyle. Don't forget to put him on Northern Tool's mailing list so he can their specials on snowblowers! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

While Bob was here at our county government workplace, we and a few others managed to make it clear about the importance of the 2nd amendment, reintroducing long tabooed gun magazines into our breakroom and actually nurtured a few guys into changing their minds and buying guns, both for sport and defense, and joining the NRA.
He started calling me "Rangemaster Ray" and soon, a lot of the guys were too. LOL
So, Jim Beam for snow snake bite- dang- sounds scary and for ice worms, too ( I think thats his bedtime nip, anyway).Can't imagine which would be worse. I feel safer with the sand sharks here!
I'll tell him about Northern tools snowblower specials, too.
If you need a heavy equipment mechanic and welder, he's the man! Look for the house with the Stars and Stripes flying.
What's the story with Laurel and what is PTSD?
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

PTSD?

Post by 20cows »

Sorry, my ignorance is showing. What is PTSD?
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

PTSD-
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder???
It would fit!
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I bet that's it.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

PTSD is what the friend will have from his stint in Kalifornia. Rather clever! :lol: I sometimes felt that way after my time in CA. I preferred my nearly 5 years in Korea to 2½ years in 2 tours in CA.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Montanaman
Levergunner

PTSD?

Post by Montanaman »

otteray wrote:PTSD-
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder???
It would fit!
Yep you got it and Hobie hit the nail on the head.
Laural is just out in the flat lands and there is a oil processing place there that stinks up the air, tho not as bad as it used to.
I guess I just been up in the Mtns so long that anything thats not standin on edge is flat lookin. good deer and loper huntin in eastern MT tho.
It's a short jump over to Cody Wyo to see the Bullalo Bill museam(sp) which can take days if you want to eyeball just the guns, the other foofrah is ok too! never seen some many guns in my life under one roof. Course he can go out to Old trail town, a town made up of orig old building reloacted to Cody from the area, more history there then you can believe. Thats where they moved John Johnston AKA Liver eatin Johnson after he was moved from the Beverly Hills graveyard where he rested since 1901 or so.. kinda good to get him back to the Mtns where he belonged. other graves there of area folk who needed to rest in a better place.
Anyway, sorry for meanderin allover the place. As I said, we get refugees from a lot of the American Socilist Workers States, now if we could get rid of the home grown card carrying types and replace them with gun folk so much the better, trouble is we're gettin as many of "them" as "us" types.
Jim Beam will cure just about anything cept liberalism. I recommend always haveing a bottle close by in case. :D
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Doesn't Laurel also have that world reknown hot spot.....Shotgun Willie's?
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

Old Time Hunter wrote:Doesn't Laurel also have that world reknown hot spot.....Shotgun Willie's?
Okay, I'll bite.
What's Shotgun Willie's?
Do they serve up that snow snake bite cure there?
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I'm curious, how did your friend decide on Laurel?

Another point not mentioned, besides the refinery, and lack of mountains, is it is on the interstate highway, (meaning lots of traffic and out-of-towners coming thru) and shares some overflow of Billings' crime.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Shotgun Willie's is an entertaining place.....well let me put it this way... it used to be a strip joint.
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

Malamute wrote:I'm curious, how did your friend decide on Laurel?

Another point not mentioned, besides the refinery, and lack of mountains, is it is on the interstate highway, (meaning lots of traffic and out-of-towners coming thru) and shares some overflow of Billings' crime.
Hmm,
good question.
He sold his place in Prunetucky ( what we here call rural Prunedale, near Salinas) and bought the place sight unseen except for pictures and the information gathered by a friend that lives in Laurel.
Hey, maybe it's a stepping stone, or a foot in the door to a better life for him.
I mean, like, people come from far away lands with nothing and start out in Los Angeles, of all the hell holes in the world, and sometimes making a far better life.
So why not start over in Montana, with a good pension a a pocket full of money from the money made on selling a house here, for a lot a dough.

Crime, in Montana? Compared to here, with gangs like M13, Nuestra Familia, Nortenos, Sorenos, poorsiders, beach flats, eastsiders, westsiders, skinheads and white surfer/skateboarder type meth freaks speeding down the rural coastal mountain roads
( I call them "knuckleheads"); downtown Santa Cruz stabbings, fights and muggings and University of Santa Cruz "Slugs" frat houses taking over the neighborhoods? Teen aged and older bum-hippy panhandlers at every market?Most of the shootings are in far worse Salinas, home of the author John Steinbeck, once a peaceful farming town.
A refinery and freeway traffic, though...
Thank God for my other house in virtually crime free West Shore Lake Tahoe, away from all the hub-bub.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

OH MY! I'm sure glad to live up near Sacramento where we don't have any of those sorts of bad guys. :roll:
Montanaman
Levergunner

We got a lotta "hot spots!"

Post by Montanaman »

Old Time Hunter wrote:Doesn't Laurel also have that world reknown hot spot.....Shotgun Willie's?
Heck I ain't even sure that joints still open, got a few scattered about the country side,
In MHO, the best food in MT is in the Saloons, just seems to be that way.
I don't think there's a place in MT you can't walk in in your work cloths with muddy boots and not get served, mostly cause there's folks here that always look like that and could buy the whole place just to fire a surley waiter.
Mostly nobody cares what you dress like or what you drive, do a good job and tell the truth and your gonna fit right in.
One of the things that still cracks me up is you'll see a 30 years old trailer worth maybe 3000.00 and it will have a new Dodge truck , 4 wheelers, a couple of dirt bikes and a sled or two, toys! toys! toys! and they live in a shack, who cares, keep your kids fed and warm and don't beat your wife and folks just don't care.
I love it!
Wouldn't live no place else, except this area is gettin too liberal to my taste, too many outsiders gaining a soap box to preach "Diversity"... some day all us gun nuts who believe in freedom from a nanny government will be in one area and hopefully all "Them" will be in another
The most hated expression you can utter here is" Well!! when I lived in California ( or where ever) we did it this way, we believed this or that way
Nothing will get you "The Look" faster, and of course right behind that comes" welll hell go back there, we didn't invite you anyway"!
MM