OT -20 years of gun magazines

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

OT -20 years of gun magazines

Post by Doc Hudson »

I've decided to clear out over 20 years accumulation of gun magazines, including an almost complete run of the first 10 years of Handguns.

Would any one be willing to make an offer or should I just toss them in the trash? I like to get an idea if there is a demand for old magazines before I go the the trouble of cataloging them.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT -20 years of gun magazines

Post by Borregos »

Don't toss 'em if you get no offers, I took all mine in batches of about 10 to my local gun club, they disappeared quickly!! At least that way you know someone with similar interests will enjoy them.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

You would be surprised what they might be worth.
search ebay and see whats happening over there.
I buy old motorcycle mags occasionally and there
might be the same interes in gun mags.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

Rifle and Handloader magazines do very well on ebay, I filled in my sets of both that way. If I were selling any of those, I'd do it in lots of one year of issues per lot. The real large odd-lots don't seem to do quite as well. The couple of complete sets I have seen offered did quite well.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

If you can't sell them or give them away ( :o :!: ) you could do what I do and clip the articles that interest you and chuck the rest.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A VA hospital or Old Soldiers Home would very much appreciate a gift like that. Books, too.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

If you can't sell them or give them away ( :o :!: ) you could do what I do and clip the articles that interest you and chuck the rest.
Funny, I do the same thing. It's amazing how that distills it down; the useful articles fit in one small box, and they are nicely arranged by category.

I've got about 13 years of Precision Shooting mag, along with the entire run of "The Accurate Rifle" and the tactical mag the same editor put out. Been wondering what to do with them...
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I started clipping articles and ditching the rest, back about 1955. I developed a filing system that takes up several file drawers. After 50 plus years, I have a treasure trove of information.
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

I just did the same thing ,Doc but I went through every issue and scanned anyt articles I wanted to keep onto disc's . then gave them to a few hguys I know who wanted them couldnt bear to throw them out nbut couldnt kepe them any more> WAY toomany in the garage to keep storing Had some GUns%Ammo and AMerican RIfleman and GunWorld Magazines fomr the early sixties They are all gone now but favortie articles can be brought up on the computer any time I want :D
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great