Long time, no see

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Long time, no see

Post by CraigC »

I haven't been on here in a coon's age. Not sure why, just lost in the shuffle I reckon. Good to see a lot of the old regulars are still around. Since I was a regular on here, I've moved twice, tried to resurrect Sixgunner.com and gotten into leatherwork, mostly traditional stuff. Here's some of the leverguns that have come home with me in the last few years.

The latest was this Puma .454, found NIB at a local shop.

Same shop had this 94 from 1953, advertised as "unfired". Which is no longer the case.

Always wanted a Chief Crazy Horse .38-55. Just thought they were neat guns and a chambering/configuration not commonly available otherwise. A few years ago I started looking for one when I found this Legendary Frontiersmen .38-55 with spectacular wood.

Got into suppressors a few years ago. Bought this Henry Frontier and swapped the receiver cover for that on my Evil Roy model and got an upgraded wood set.

Before that, I got a couple Uberti toggle link guns. The 1873 Deluxe Sporting Rifle .38-40 and an 1866 Short Rifle .44Special.

Latest holster I made is for the 3rd Model Dragoon.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Long time, no see

Post by Old Savage »

Welcome back, very nice stuff.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Top Shelf All the Way! Welcome Back.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Looks like you are well armed!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Very nice looking lot of lever guns!

Welcome back!

ollogger
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome back to the campfire..... :D

You certainly qualify as a Levergunner, nice collection... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

:shock: wow, out of my league by a thousand miles. Impeccable tastes sir 8)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Nice to see old friends return.
Beautiful shooters, Sir. :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Welcome back.
Beautiful guns, but amazing work on that holster...!

.....P.S...... how long exactly is a "coon's age"...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

.....P.S...... how long exactly is a "coon's age"...?
LOL, I share the sentiment. Quite the collection you have there, even that Puma has pretty good wood. You could probably refinish it to even better reflect the grain. Really nice guns you have! I don't really have anything that purdy, well, maybe one or two. And welcome back as well! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Nice work on that holster!
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

Thanks gents! I was surprised at the wood on the Puma. I ordered a scout rail for it and was going to put a red dot on it. The two Winchesters have receiver sights on them. I also got a Winchester .375 on a trip through Maine a few years ago but no pics of it.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Craig, again, welcome back and PM sent. What do you think the year of manufacture is on your Puma? Mine was a very early one and fraught with problems. If yours is later vintage, according to our own "Nate K Jones" aka Steve Young, they figured it out in about 3 years, and I trust his judgement. It looks like a really beautiful example, mine is stainless, but yours has better wood than mine I think. Mine is OK however after being refinished. As to holsters, see my PM. Welcome back my friend, you offer a lot to the forum. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Craig, you weren't kidding about the wood on the .38-55. And I will echo the others on your leatherworking skills! 8)
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

CowboyTutt wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:31 pm Craig, again, welcome back and PM sent. What do you think the year of manufacture is on your Puma? Mine was a very early one and fraught with problems. If yours is later vintage, according to our own "Nate K Jones" aka Steve Young, they figured it out in about 3 years, and I trust his judgement. It looks like a really beautiful example, mine is stainless, but yours has better wood than mine I think. Mine is OK however after being refinished. As to holsters, see my PM. Welcome back my friend, you offer a lot to the forum. -Tutt
I haven't tried to age it. Is there somewhere online that shows serial ranges or date codes? I know a lot of the earlier Rossi's were rough and I don't know where the Puma .454/.480 guns fit into that but this one is more like the newer guns, which have been excellent to my eyes. I haven't shot it enough to find out, only a few rounds of Buffalo Bore 360gr and Garrett's 405gr .45Colt load, just to see if they feed. Which they did. I would probably end up feeding it more 300-335gr WFN's in .45Colt brass than anything. I have a bunch of the Leadhead's 335's.

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:50 am Craig, you weren't kidding about the wood on the .38-55. And I will echo the others on your leatherworking skills! 8)
Thank you! I was glad I waited on the .38-55. I know a lot of folks don't care for the commemorative guns but I like some of them. I did find some Chief Crazy Horse models with nice wood but nothing that compared to that one. I am, however, glad that the silver plated receiver has completely tarnished to gray. I like it better than bright silver. With the light, round barrel it handles like lightning for its length. Really should get it to the woods this season.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Craig, I found this regarding the Puma. It might depend on the importer (mine was Legacy Sports International) but it might be worth a phone call to BrazTech still. -Tutt

HOW DO I GET SERVICE?
To simplify repair and service, Rossi products imported by Braztech Int’l. are serviced and repaired by Braztech. Questions regarding the products of either company can be directed to Braztech in Bainbridge, Georgia at 229-210-2727 or 800-948-8029, or in writing to:

BrazTech International L.C.
Consumer Care Department
100 Taurus Way
Bainbridge, Georgia 39817

When sending in your firearm, please be sure to remove all ammunition and do not include any with the firearm. This is a violation of Federal Law. Please remove any custom grips/stocks, scopes, rings, slings or other accessory. Braztech International L.C. will not be responsible for these items.

This repair policy only applies to revolvers manufactured by Rossi and imported by Braztech International L.C. The firearm will be stamped “Braztech Int’l L.C. Miami, FL USA” Those not imported by Braztech are not covered and cannot be serviced by us. If you are unsure, please call 229-210-2727 or 800-948-8029 and ask before shipping your firearm.

ROSSI USA reserves the right to field strip, inspect and function test all firearms sent to ROSSI USA upon receipt or anytime thereafter. Customers will be provided an estimate for repair if such repair is not covered under the applicable Repair Policy.

https://rossiusa.com/support/rossi-repair-policy

CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

I may go ahead and put one of those red dots on it and see how it does with some 335's. Eyeballs ain't what they used to be.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very nice!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CraigC »

Thanks!