Politics - Republicans Recycling 12,000 Obama Trashed Flags

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Politics - Republicans Recycling 12,000 Obama Trashed Flags

Post by don Tomás »

From the Denver Post. No bias in the article that I can see, nope, none at all, naada, zip, zilch...[/sarcasm]
Tom
(Posted comment to article: What happened to the idea of a “green convention” for the democrats? I guess they can recycle soda cans, but not the U.S. flag.)

Republican Recycling (Boy Scouts to distribute trashed flags from DNC convention at 11:00AM PST)

This morning, Republicans tell me that a worker at Invesco Field in Denver saved thousands of unused flags from the Democratic National Convention that were headed for the garbage. Guerrilla campaigning. They will use these flags at their own event today in Colorado Springs with John McCain and Sarah Palin.

Before McCain speaks today, veterans will haul these garbage bags filled with flags out onto the stage — with dramatic effect, no doubt — and tell the story.

“What you see in the picture I sent you is less than half of total flags,” a Republican official emailed. “We estimate the total number to be around 12,000 small flags and one full size 3×5 flag.”

I’m not sure what the DNC was supposed to do with unused hand-flags, frankly. But the Republicans are obviously questioning someone’s patriotism here. (Hey Stoo-pid, how about disposing them as required by law or donating them to the BSA or VFW or military cemetery??? Naah, just throw 'em in the trash...)
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Politics - Republicans Recycling 12,000 Obama Trashed Flags

Post by Birdman »

It makes for a great one sided story, but don't be surprised if there wasn't a few left over at the R convention too.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

I'm almost positive the R's had some left over. Point is, I bet they didn't go in the thrash.
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

The DNC is saying that the RNC ~STOLE~ the flags from them.

I hope the DNC starts guarding their trash better. :lol:
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

i believe obama will launch an all attack on the constitution IF he's elected.

i believe he has no loyalty to the american flag and what it stands for.

if he's the best the dems can offer for election...we're in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep trouble...
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

donw wrote:i believe obama will launch an all attack on the constitution IF he's elected.

if he's the best the dems can offer for election...we're in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep trouble...
he is not the best they could offer, he is what the far left dem leadership WANTS us to have!
cable
goon
Levergunner

Post by goon »

hfcable wrote:
donw wrote:i believe obama will launch an all attack on the constitution IF he's elected.

he is not the best they could offer, he is what the far left dem leadership WANTS us to have!

Yep.
I occasionally take a read through the Hillary Clinton supporter website, just to see what the other side thinks.
There is a whole lot of anti-obama sentiment over there. Many of them feel that the democratic party has gone too far left and that it betrayed them on this one.
There are a lot of former democrats who are heavily supporting McCain because of his choice of Sarah Palin for VP, because of the type of genuine person Sarah Palin seems to be, and because they want to get even.
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant.
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

And I also hope the R's have enough respect for the flag to treat them properly if any were left over.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

What I heard is after the rally the unused flags were going to be donated to VFW's, BSA, etc. That was on Fox News IIRC
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

In any case, the Dem's dumped the flags in the trash. This is NOT how Old Glory is EVER supposed to be treated. They don't care.

I am willing to bet that after the GOP convention they spared a few people to properly collect the used flags and donate or dispose of them with honor.

Just another example of the obvious: conservatives love this country, its military, and the symbols of our freedom. The left hates all of that and blames us for all the world's many problems. :evil: