OT Grips

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

OT Grips

Post by RustyJr »

Does anyone know where I can get a set of factory sized grips for a Ruger Security Six. I would like to get some that are imitation antler.

Thanks,
RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Grips

Post by Andrew »

Ebay.com or GunBroker.com will usually have decent selections of grips. If you can't find what you need, you could ask over at TheRugerForum.com. Or Joe may come along and know a good source.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

No imitation, but Eagle Grips has Elkhorn grips (which are a lot like stag) for the Security Six @ $175:

http://www.eaglegrips.com/firearms5.htm

SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

+1 for the elk horn grips from Eagle. Raj and his folks at Eagle do a fantastic job and you will be more than pleased. The nice thing about real antler grips be they stag, elk or moose is the way they age from your handling them. Over time and the more you handle them they will develop a good looking patina and almost polished look.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

RustyJr wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a set of factory sized grips for a Ruger Security Six. I would like to get some that are imitation antler.

Thanks,
RustyJr
Be aware that there are earlier and later Security Six grip frames, and the grips are not interchangeable. Which frame you have can be ID'd by serial number, but I don't know the cutoff point. Your best bet would be to ask over on the Ruger Forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The 500 series guns had the more sloped grip design. They went to the current design with the 501 series.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***