Politics - Palin just finished her acceptance speech...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Politics - Palin just finished her acceptance speech...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

... talk about knocking it out of the park. I just watched the future President of the United States of America. I am not sure whether it will be 2012, 2016 or some other year, but I have not doubt Sarah Palin will someday lead this country - and we'll be better off for it. :D

McCain and/or his handlers are genuises...
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Politics - Palin just finished her acceptance speech...

Post by mescalero1 »

Yeah, she was cooking!!!!!
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

After that, if you aren't excited about our future, you had better check your pulse!!!!!!!!

What a "non-political" LEADER!! She just made Obama look like a pansy!

Go Palin!

Sincerely,
bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

I could not be more proud right now. She sure as he11 called it like it is. I think come debate time Joe Biden is going to have his hands full of Alaskan Wildcat. :D :D :D

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

she was fantastic!!!! the coverage sucks and the talking heads are already spinning it. Besides all that, she rocks. Rudy was great too. Finally, Republicans stepping up to the plate.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I don't think anybody in their right mind would want to face her in a debate! Let alone Biden!

He would be "Biden" off more than he could chew! :roll:

Ok, I'm a little delirious right now...

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Yep, Steele, Romney, Huckabee and Guiliani were all at the top of their game, and the place was on fire.

My only concern now is it is going to be very hard tomorrow for McCain to top Palin's performance!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

She kicked butt and took names. No doubt about it. The dems are shaking in their boots (or birkenstocks)...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

For the first time in a long---long time, (after listening to Palin) I think I may just still have my lever guns 4 years, maybe 8 years, from this coming November. What a woman!!, and I even had a twinge of admiration for old Guliani tonight as well as Huckabee. Good on them.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Notice too she did not use a teleprompter. She had some notes - which she occasionally referred to. Biden has got to be sweating it big time. The conventional wisdom before tonight was that she didn't stand a prayer in a debate against Biden. I think the opposite is now true. Watch the Dem's try to figure out a way of canceling that one! :evil:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

brucew44guns wrote:For the first time in a long---long time, (after listening to Palin) I think I may just still have my lever guns 4 years, maybe 8 years, from this coming November. What a woman!!, and I even had a twinge of admiration for old Guliani tonight as well as Huckabee. Good on them.
I thought the guy I had supported - Fred Thompson - was good last night, but everyone tonight eclipsed his performance. I think everyone is excited about the party coming together over the ticket. Only one we're missing that I would have liked to have seen is Ron Paul giving a supporting speech.
Coldfingers
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Coldfingers »

Not too shabby for a little gal from Podunk, Alaska

You go Sarah, we are real proud of you.

I, for one, am also real happy with the bang up job she has done as our Governor. I trust she will do the same as our VP.
She is the real deal and not to be underestimated.

Some of those Secret Service fellas better invest in new cloths...they will catch cold following her hubby about on the boat or trying to stay on a high performance sled :twisted:

Can't ever recall being so excited about a political cantidate.

Here is to Real "Change"

Scotty/North Pole, AK
Porquipines are peacefull creatures but God still saw fit to give them quills
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

The Dems are scared so bad that Osama Obama has agreed to go on O'Rielly tomorrow night. I suppose that it is an attempt to steal McCain's thunder.

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Notice too she did not use a teleprompter. She had some notes - which she occasionally referred to. Biden has got to be sweating it big time. The conventional wisdom before tonight was that she didn't stand a prayer in a debate against Biden. I think the opposite is now true. Watch the Dem's try to figure out a way of canceling that one! :evil:
She used a teleprompter.

Biden will certainly have his hands full in any debate with Mrs. Palin.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
brucew44guns wrote:For the first time in a long---long time, (after listening to Palin) I think I may just still have my lever guns 4 years, maybe 8 years, from this coming November. What a woman!!, and I even had a twinge of admiration for old Guliani tonight as well as Huckabee. Good on them.
I thought the guy I had supported - Fred Thompson - was good last night, but everyone tonight eclipsed his performance. I think everyone is excited about the party coming together over the ticket. Only one we're missing that I would have liked to have seen is Ron Paul giving a supporting speech.
Dream on. :wink:

"Ron Carey, chairman of the Republican Party of Minnesota, said the only way Ron Paul can address the state convention is if he ends his candidacy and endorses John McCain."
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/displa ... sssource=1

The message of Liberty is more important to some than fear of democrats. :)

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

Well, fellows, We have a RACE!!! I broke down and cried at some of the things she said. Like, "All you folks who have special needs kids, if I am elected, you will have an advocate in the White House." In my brief experience, God only gives these children to special people. And, "Of all the candidates in this race, John McCain is the only one who has really fought for this country." The whole speech gave me reason to hope that there is yet hope for America. I love you guys on this forum and appreciate your patriotism. May God bless each of you.
ole pizen slinger
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Cowboy1
Levergunner

Post by Cowboy1 »

Palin hit a grand slam tonight, for sure. I predict she will not only become President, but that she will inspire a whole new era of young Republican activism we have not seen since the early days of Barry Goldwater.

I also believe she will pull in much of the women vote, much of the youth who are able to vote, and much of blue-collar America.

Cowboy1
reo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by reo »

I love the hype, I only wish it would all come true, but I have been in the gap twice and seen it all fade away. I will place my hopes in only One and will not be let down again in this life. The hard lessons are the best lessons, they just take longer to understand.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Amen ! Ole Pizen Zinger said it. I found myself jumping up several times during Palin's speech and yelling
and cheering. This lady has so much that she brings to the table. A good clue as to just how good Palin's speech
tonight was is the amount of squealing and squawking that's going on in the comments sections of many of
the news websites. The more the loony left cries, the better we know Palin really did.

This is the most I've been excited by a political speech in a long time. A very good night. - Dixie Boy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

My wife and I watched it tonight with our neighbor. Man what a great speech!! We were laughing and hooting and slapping high-fives the whole time. We're really looking forward to see how "The Anointed One" and his infamous thin skin takes this beech-slapping.

All three of us commented about how for the first time in a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time, it seems the GOP leadership may have finally pulled their collective craniums from their tailpipes and figured out that playing nice-nice with the opposition is no way to win elections or win the favor of their base. Maybe we'll finally see an end to all of that "compassionate conservatism" stuff. I gotta admit that for the first time, I actually admire McCain in a political sense. He picked a winner for sure.

I've also been reading the various MSM blogs, commentaries, and other online sources. The left is going absolutely nuts. Rabid is more like it. They simply cannot stand the fact that a strong, intelligent, smart, good-looking woman could be leading this country.....and she ain't a liberal!! Even worse, she's one of those clingy Christian gun-toting types!! Pelosi and Hillary must be frothing like rabid dogs right now!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Biden won't know what hit him. Oh man is that debate gonna be sweet to Tivo...

Watch out Dems....Hurricane Sarah has come ashore....
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

After reading ALL the political posts (mostly not too optimistic) I'm really pleased for you guys that someone has lifted you out of the Doldrums and given you fresh hope!

I only wish we had someone like Sarah Palin to vote for over here!
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

FWiedner wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Notice too she did not use a teleprompter. She had some notes - which she occasionally referred to. Biden has got to be sweating it big time. The conventional wisdom before tonight was that she didn't stand a prayer in a debate against Biden. I think the opposite is now true. Watch the Dem's try to figure out a way of canceling that one! :evil:
She used a teleprompter.

Biden will certainly have his hands full in any debate with Mrs. Palin.

:)
My wife didn't stay up for the speech, but I taped it for her and watched it again just now. It was even better the second time! I didn't say she didn't have teleprompters there - just that she didn't use them. I stand by that. I watched closely, and she occasionally looked at her notes, but otherwise spent almost all the time looking straight out at the audience, not through a teleprompter. The Dem's are rightfully scared - this woman is real!!! :D
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Yep, Steele, Romney, Huckabee and Guiliani were all at the top of their game, and the place was on fire.

My only concern now is it is going to be very hard tomorrow for McCain to top Palin's performance!
I'm lucky, with the satellite dish I could get a feed that had no talking heads in it. I watch CNN for a bit and couldn't stand it.

I can't recall the Steele speech, I thought Romney looked wooden, Huckabee did well, Guiliani did too but none were fantastic. Sarah KNOCKED OUT IT OF THE ZIP CODE, not just the park. That gal is gonna be president. While I'm certainly not McCain's biggest fan. I hope she gets to be vice-president.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

I've never been this politically optimistic in my life.

She has most assuredly added hope to this election and this country in a time when so many seem to be unsure of the future.

Gives a lot more confidence in McCain as well one of his strengths will be selecting the right people for the jobs.
AQHA Life Member
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

If Sarah Palin can stay politically healthy I think that she might well be our very own Margaret Thatcher. I have a feeling that Sara Palin with a "Cause" is going to be like a bulldog with a bone, just try and take it. :D :D

pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
More like a "pit bull with lipstick".....

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

(80s music resurgence?) :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
L8agin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by L8agin »

Move over Ronnie :D :D another great president on the way :D :D
L8
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Like game keeper , I am glad we are coming back togeather as a group on this thing. We were getting pretty badly split up before Sarah. I think the very pro gun Sarah is just what we needed to bring us back togeather! GO GIRL !!! :D :D :D
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I rarely get into politics or religion (ex-bartender), but last night I was once again proud to be an American. Perhaps I was a bit too touchy, but the attacks (although very subtle) started before the applause ended.

My wife wanted to watch the Dem's convention for reasonable research. Half way through osama's (oops, I mean obama) speech I left the room, angry at the obvious lies.

Todays polititions are a completely different breed of human (?). I cannot remember the last one that anyone EVER fulfilled ANY of their campaign promises. Seems as soon as they get into office it's the S.O.S.; take care of your friends and contributers, set up some pork, and sit back and get ready for the next election.

Too bad (for me) Mrs. Palin is our next Vice President, after hearing her last night, I want to move to Alaska!
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

I loved the hockey mom joke. We all may, more or less, be encouraged by McCain's choice. But the sad fact is that few things have been done by presidents over the last years because of partisan gridlock between president and congress. Weather it be Dem or Rep, so little gets done that you wonder how we function at all. The main problem is that so much of the federal budget is already spoken for by entitlements that there is not a whole lot left to use in new ideas and programs. Right now there is no way we can fund some of these grand schemes we are hearing about. Jesse Ventura, on Larry King's show the other night, said it best. We must reduce the size of government and get out of peoples lives. The thing that worries me is the possibility that Obama might be sucessfull. If that happens the Dems in congress may give him a free ride on some of his plans. Now that's scary!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I like gridlock.

The less that Gooberment "does" TO me (only the Military does things FOR the US) the happier I am.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

From the liberal buzz I hear........ She did great.

Sarah went for the juglar with a scapel. I think this is the closest thing to a real American we have had in a race for high office in a very long time.

McCain goofed?... yea, like they goofed putting Truman or Teddy R in line for office.

Home run...high 5's all around.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Ironsights wrote:I like gridlock.

The less that Gooberment "does" TO me (only the Military does things FOR the US) the happier I am.
+1000 :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BTW, McCain is finishing up his acceptance speech right now. Not bad, though it didn't hold a candle to Palin's. He was not my choice, but listening to him tonight, and what he'd like to do - lower taxes, lower spending, pro-life, school choice, energy independence, solid (strong and mature) foreign policy - he still has a lot of wacky positions, but all in all, I agree with him more than I disagree. I certainly agree with him 1,000% more than Obama.

No contest here fellas. McCain for all his faults, has the character and experience, wisdom and maturity to be President. Palin will certainly make a fantastic VP, and the experience will prepare her for the Presidency. We can not afford to let the rookie commie win this one!!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wow - I have to say McCain did fire it up well at the very end. I'm sick of all this "reaching across the isle" stuff. One doesn't work with rattle snakes. Still, all said and done, the speech worked and the figtht is now on!
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I'm actually levitating above my bed right now, looking down at my body!
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Wow - I have to say McCain did fire it up well at the very end. I'm sick of all this "reaching across the isle" stuff. One doesn't work with rattle snakes. Still, all said and done, the speech worked and the figtht is now on!
From time to time it is necessary to reach across the isle.... if only to B!TCH SLAP your opponent and get their attention.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

READ MY LIPSTICK :D :D :D Where is my button ????
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Old Savage wrote:READ MY LIPSTICK :D :D :D Where is my button ????
:lol: :lol:
HATCHETTJACK
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HATCHETTJACK »

Duff L Bagg wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Wow - I have to say McCain did fire it up well at the very end. I'm sick of all this "reaching across the isle" stuff. One doesn't work with rattle snakes. Still, all said and done, the speech worked and the figtht is now on!
From time to time it is necessary to reach across the isle.... if only to B!TCH SLAP your opponent and get their attention.
i prefer to throat punch em :twisted:
WATCH YOUR TOP KNOT
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

SOMEONE here has to have the computer skills to create such a button! PLEASE!!! :D :D :D