Going rate for a 92?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CanadianCowboy
Levergunner

Going rate for a 92?

Post by CanadianCowboy »

I have a 92 in 44-40, made in the teens, greyed finish, nasty notch out of the buttstock, and the bore is rough but shoots Jacketed well enough

I have a pressing want for a Kirk style revolver :D

so I am thinking this may well be farmed out to help pay for one

Heck, I might wind up doing the same with my 300 Savage too
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

That depends if it is a pre-1898 one that would be classified as an antique in the US. I was just looking at the Bud Haynes auction results, at a few '92 actual prices realized. They ranged from $375 for a 92 44-40 to $800 for a nicer button mag 44-40. In the condition you describe, I'm guessing $400-$500. Be sure to PM me when you're ready. I may be able to point you in the right direction for a purchase of an antique S&W.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

While the Madis book indicates that the '92 produced 80% of the rifles in 44 WCF, it seems that for some reason the rifle configuration is hard to find. I have '92's in the rifle in all other calibers, but the 44 keeps eluding me for a reasonable price. Oct. Bbl, Crescent BP, and Full Mag is rather hard to find in shootable condition for some strange reason....

Ed