New acquisitions but not mine !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

New acquisitions but not mine !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Close friend picked up a Winchester 52A target he showed me Saturday . It barely looked used ! Another friend just picked up a Perazzi MX-20 31 1/2” , another friend has an MX-20 and MX-28 29 1/2” all three of those Oerazzi’s are top notch even f I am a die hard Krieghoff person lols ! Sorry I took no pictures I was to busy fondeling !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Re: New acquisitions but not mine !

Post by Paladin »

I have shot the 52s when the ARMY still had them in small-bore GREAT rifles.
It is not the critic who counts
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I had found a set of MX barrels in 28ga, they were for a 12ga frame. I was ready to buy them until I saw the price tag!!!! $5000.00 was way too rich for my blood. So I bought a set of Briley sub gauge tubes.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I have a lot of affection for the Winchester 52 rifles. I looked for many years to find a nice one I could afford and got a 52B heavy target from a friend finally. I used it in adult smallbore competition for years, and when I quit doing that I kept it just for plinking and varmint hunting. I finally sold it to another friend when I bought my Cody Ballard offhand rifle with a Badger barrel that was just slightly more accurate.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:13 am I have a lot of affection for the Winchester 52 rifles. I looked for many years to find a nice one I could afford and got a 52B heavy target from a friend finally. I used it in adult smallbore competition for years, and when I quit doing that I kept it just for plinking and varmint hunting. I finally sold it to another friend when I bought my Cody Ballard offhand rifle with a Badger barrel that was just slightly more accurate.
I have a friend that happens to be a Colt/Winchester collector and he had/has three very nice 52 Sporters I think they were an A a B and a C .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:47 pm I had found a set of MX barrels in 28ga, they were for a 12ga frame. I was ready to buy them until I saw the price tag!!!! $5000.00 was way too rich for my blood. So I bought a set of Briley sub gauge tubes.
I think my friend that has the MX-20 and MX-28 has 20k tied up in the pair , they were both lightly used when he got them . He also has I think it’s an MX-2000 12 gauge which doesn’t intrest me as much as those little guns . This guy shoots about 500 rounds at sporting each week and he was worried about the Parker’s and Fox’s holding up . While I he still has SxS guns I think the majority of his sporting is now done with Perazzi’s .
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Have shot smallbore competition with a Model 52 Winchester many times.
My absolute favorite 22 LR target rifle ! (11 lbs, with front & rear target aperture sights).
I would bend over backwards to snag one..
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have an MX8, an Ithaca import MX8 and a Comp 1, I'd like to sell the Ithaca gun and the Comp 1 as I don't NEED them.
The Comp 1 I got for a song as the guy that had it blew up the bottom barrel. I found a set of barrels and sent them to Giacomo for fitting.
Best part of Perazzi is they are infinitely rebuild-able, most of which a handy guy can do on his tailgate!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
pinefd
Levergunner

Post by pinefd »

I inherited this beautiful 1938 Model 52 from my dad decades ago, and haven't even shot it. I've sold off several guns I got from him to fund purchases of guns that I do shoot, but never had the heart to part with this one.

Frank
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

pinefd wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:42 am I inherited this beautiful 1938 Model 52 from my dad decades ago, and haven't even shot it. I've sold off several guns I got from him to fund purchases of guns that I do shoot, but never had the heart to part with this one.

Frank
Darn nice rifle !
I certainly understand your desire to hold onto it, however, they are so well made that they are a privilege to shoot. I'd love to come across one of these.
Thanks for sharing pics of your treasure..
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That is a truly awesome 52!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
pinefd
Levergunner

Post by pinefd »

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated. I should take it out someday and shoot it; in fact, I should try and do that with my son, if we get the chance...just as my dad did with me probably 50 years ago.

Frank
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

pinefd wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:17 pm Thanks, guys! Much appreciated. I should take it out someday and shoot it; in fact, I should try and do that with my son, if we get the chance...just as my dad did with me probably 50 years ago.

Frank
I used to shoot targets made for 50 ft distance. As I reflected back on those days, all ammunition we used was "standard" velocity target ammo.
Have no idea what's available nowadays in standard velocity 22 LR (?).
Yes, your 52 has aperture sights, front and rear. A good adjustable leather sling and you're good to go. Go have a blast..
pinefd
Levergunner

Post by pinefd »

TraderVic wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:15 am
pinefd wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:17 pm Thanks, guys! Much appreciated. I should take it out someday and shoot it; in fact, I should try and do that with my son, if we get the chance...just as my dad did with me probably 50 years ago.

Frank
I used to shoot targets made for 50 ft distance. As I reflected back on those days, all ammunition we used was "standard" velocity target ammo.
Have no idea what's available nowadays in standard velocity 22 LR (?).
Yes, your 52 has aperture sights, front and rear. A good adjustable leather sling and you're good to go. Go have a blast..
I actually have quite a bit of CCI Standard Velocity .22LR that I could use. I mostly have Mini Mags, which my semi-autos prefer, so I rarely use the SV variety. It would be a good use of that SV...so thanks for the tip.

Frank