Missed it by that much!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Missed it by that much!

Post by TedH »

I was watching a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Spl on an auction for the last several days. It sat around 200 bucks and didn't have but a couple bids. I set a reminder on my phone to remind me to bid before the end last night. I messed up and didn't take the difference in time zone into account, so my alarm didn't remind me until well after the close of the auction. It sold for $260. 😭😭😭
NRA Life Member
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Missed it by that much!

Post by samsi »

I can relate, I do pretty much the same thing when it's time to apply for deer or elk tags!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The one for Me that "got away" about ten years ago was a Savage model 24 . Like new in the box .357 mag over 20 ga. It would have been the perfect deer/plinker here in Ohio. It is the only one I ever saw, I blinked and it was gone. Durn. :( .
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Sorry Ted. I miss my Bulldog.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I’m an impulse buyer so only one ever got away. A Webly-Fosbery. I hesitate because at $7000 and with two kids…. It sat for some time in the shop then one day it was gone.

I haven’t seen another in the wild since. And prices are stratospheric. But I have promised myself I will have one. It’s just not as high as it once was in my priorities.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I only got 1 from an auction site, I was the only bid.
I once watched an auction for a 2wt fly rod, a couple days and the high bid was still way low of the reserve, 150 bucks I think. I hit the buy now for I knew it was worth more than 150 and I wanted it. The only and only time I've used ' fleabay' .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

.45colt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:44 am The one for Me that "got away" about ten years ago was a Savage model 24 . Like new in the box .357 mag over 20 ga. It would have been the perfect deer/plinker here in Ohio. It is the only one I ever saw, I blinked and it was gone. Durn. :( .
snagged one of those at a gun show 10-15 years ago for $200 !!! [ they also made them in 357 maximum ] really neat gun and i fitted a set of 410 O/U barrels to mine. its all in a single nylon case. could hunt an enormous variety of game with this rig.
cable
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I blew it yesterday. Went to a show about an hour and half away. Had just gotten there and on one of the first few tables was a near perfect Yugo Mauser with the bayonet, sling, ammo pouches at a great price. I set it down to think about it for a few minutes, realizes that I was being an idiot and turned back. A very happy looking guy was walking off with it. Rats! I'm an idiot.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

About three years ago a friend in the Parker Collectors Organization sent me a text about an original Parker EH 10 gauge with factory original 28” barrels . He wasn’t going to bid and he knew of my affection for Parker 10’s . So like many others I set alarms etc and planned on bidding as they only made sixty or so in this configuration . Long story short I slept theu the alarm and the gun brought about $700 . I was sorry I missed out but not totally bummed as I have one of the sixty already , but still woulda been nice to have a pair of them .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !