Who's going to win the superbowl?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Who's going to win the superbowl?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Me - because I won't be watching it!

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Who's going to win the superbowl?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

LOVE IT! :lol:
Hopin' for my Niners, although I have great respect for Mahomes. In the Northwest, in the late '60s, there were no Seahawks and the Niners were my guys, listening on AM transistor radio, if anyone has a clue what that was! :lol:
I have to say I was shocked, humbled and brought to my knees by the unexpected He Gets Us foot-washing ad early on. Bless this outfit!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

This is a blessing.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I quit having any interest in sports long ago when they first started coming out with this kind of nonsense...

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment ... n-control/
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:27 pm LOVE IT! :lol:
Hopin' for my Niners, although I have great respect for Mahomes. In the Northwest, in the late '60s, there were no Seahawks and the Niners were my guys, listening on AM transistor radio, if anyone has a clue what that was! :lol:
I have to say I was shocked, humbled and brought to my knees by the unexpected He Gets Us foot-washing ad early on. Bless this outfit!
We were 9'ers fans watching on RAT net [rural alaska television] in SE AK, during the Joe Cool era! We have very blurry video tapes of a couple of his classic games.

I think Mahomes is a champion in the line of Montana and Brady, and he showed it last night when he literally carried the entire team to the red zone . . .

As to commercials, I didn't see any, we didn't watch any half-time . . . . . . stuff.

wish I had taped that game :)
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Professional sports is a game and like politicians and gambling, produce nothing for the better good of society. It does produce $7 an hour jobs for the people who are handing out $10 beers and lots of taxes for the city they are in only to be redistributed to parasites.

The players and owners make tens of millions of money and what people don’t get is that we are paying for it all. And now you know why a bag of Doritos is $10 instead of $4. It’s all unsustainable because of my first sentence…..

I watched most of it because I was bored and like most people who watch sports who claim, “I only watch it for the commercials” who will gladly go out and spend their $10 for a bag of Doritos.

I’m really (except the crazy wages and $300,000 seats in the VIP area) for it as it is a diversion from the everyday news of Congress giving away billions to other countries wars and $1,000 pre paid gift cards to illegals.

All in a nutshell, WE pay for the things we always bitch about so next time you stop for a bag of Doritos, buy potatoes instead.—-00
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The advertisers. Think of all the weak willed individuals they will convince to buy their products.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Sports fan 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

lots of taxes for the city they are in only to be redistributed to parasites.

I think it was the last big stadium built for the Vikings - I read one of the last proposals.

No taxes for the stadium or sports team owners. All of the benefits to the area, it was argued,
would be the new jobs created, and the draw to the area, particularly on game day. No taxes - even on
concessions. That $17 plastic cup of warm beer? Virtually all profit, baby....... New stadiums are a ripoff
for the locals.

And a lot of this stuff IS a diversion. The "circus" part of bread and circus.....

-Stretch