.32 caliber j frame

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

.32 caliber j frame

Post by 4t5 »

Smith and Wesson is bringing back the .32 j frame through Lipsey’s , I’m a fan of the j frame , and of .32 calibers, already saving up !
https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=SM14035
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .32 caliber j frame

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Glad they are chambering a .32 again!
(But you can buy two Taurus 327s and have money left over for ammo at that price.)
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

One taurus, spare parts , and ammo, maybe, 2 I don’t know.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

And why stop at the .32 H&R Mag when they could have chambered it in .327 Federal Mag which can handle the .32 H&R Mag?
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I’m guessing in a less than 2” barrel , the 327 would be quite the flame thrower.
And at 16 ozs. The h&r would be a pleasure to shoot.
If I were to buy the Taurus , I’d get the 3”.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:02 pm And why stop at the .32 H&R Mag when they could have chambered it in .327 Federal Mag which can handle the .32 H&R Mag?
It’s an Airweight (aluminum frame). 327 Mag may be a bit much for it, especially in a six shot
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I like the .327 and I have a couple of them.

But I think the .32 H&R makes better sense in an aluminum J frame.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:36 pm
(But you can buy two Taurus 327s and have money left over for ammo at that price.)
so you can have a spare when the first one stops making loud noises when you pull the trigger ? :lol:
----- Doug
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

S&W 432 J-frame 32 H&R.jpg
Ya'll quit posting this stuff! :lol:
I told myself I have enough guns... :?

But I kinda need this.

I have a Ruger SP101 in .327 Federal Magnum and it definitely blasts. Not sure I would want to shoot it out of a snubby. There may be flame-cutting issues with the light alloy frames. I know my 340PD in .357 Mag has a metal insert in the frame above the cylinder. The SP101 is a solid, heavy gun.
That .32 J-frame would be fun to have and very versatile to shoot. What, 4 different rounds? If you include .32 ACP.
I've got a 317, 8-shot 22LR, a Model 60 .38 Special and that 340PD in .357. (brutal) It would be nice to have something in between.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

The idea is growing on me.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

I bought this one for my wife for I think our first anniversary in 2003.

I'm pretty sure I paid $290 for it, and my wife was horrified that I spent so much money.

It's actually a really sweet shooter and VERY accurate. Much more accurate than I would have thought from such a little thing. I remember years ago pretty easily shooting shotgun shells off of a post at maybe 15 yards.

I also have a Ruger SP101 w/ a 3" barrel in 327mag - and the 327 is a handful even in the steel SP101 and would for sure not want to shoot it out of the little aluminum j frame!!!! I took the 327 to the local indoor range before it closed and when I touched it off, everyone literally stopped what they were doing and stared at me and then asked, what the heck are you shooting!? much louder than their 9s.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Wake me up when they finally make the Model 16 in .327 Federal.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

FLINT wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:55 pm I bought this one for my wife for I think our first anniversary in 2003.

I'm pretty sure I paid $290 for it, and my wife was horrified that I spent so much money.

It's actually a really sweet shooter and VERY accurate. Much more accurate than I would have thought from such a little thing. I remember years ago pretty easily shooting shotgun shells off of a post at maybe 15 yards.

I also have a Ruger SP101 w/ a 3" barrel in 327mag - and the 327 is a handful even in the steel SP101 and would for sure not want to shoot it out of the little aluminum j frame!!!! I took the 327 to the local indoor range before it closed and when I touched it off, everyone literally stopped what they were doing and stared at me and then asked, what the heck are you shooting!? much louder than their 9s.
Those guns bring big money these days.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I also have a 32 sp101 in the H&R variety, which feels heavy for its caliber, my 327 sp needs a better grip, I think its a little small.
At 16 ozs and with better sights , this may replace my steel one with the blade rear sight .
Rumble.com/ hickock45
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Cool!
I had one of the early ones I'd bought from an estate. Sold it for a nice profit, but should have kept it. I like the looks of this new one, especially the sights and I have similar grips on my 442.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

I stopped wanting to shoot .38 Special through light-alloy-frame snub-guns about 20 years ago, in my early forties. The .32 H&R makes plenty of sense, to me, in a J-sized weapon. I happen to have, and like, the all-stainless S&W Model 631. We have hers-and-his 2” Models 631, sourced from the pre-owned stock at a large local gun store. Hers first, for the obvious reason, then, when available, one for myself. I sourced an old set of Sile round-to-square wood grips, which are more compact than typical S&W-brand J-Frame round-to-square grips, for my 631.

Insiders and collectors will probably have already spoken-for all of these special Lipsey production runs, by the time I type this, but when some future “next big/hot thing” happens to appear on the market, one of these Lipsey’s specials may well appear, second-hand, at the local collectibles emporium. No hurry; it is good to simply know that these little guns exist.

For the “kit gun” role, I have a 4” Ruger SP101, chambered for .32 H&R. Really, this one usually sits in the safe, because a 3” .357 Mag SP101 is an almost-daily companion, and can serve in the “kit gun” role, if appropriately loaded, but, it is nice to have the six-shot .32 and adjustable sight options, when the right time arrives.

Regarding .327 Federal, I do not know how much cash money it would take, to convince me to shoot .327 Fed Mag through an Airweight J-Frame. It would take quite a stack of Benjamin Franklins, I believe. I certainly would not want to do it with my less-healthy right hand.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.