Running out of belt notches

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Running out of belt notches

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I had to order a new “Man Belt” from Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged because my waist has dropped to where I have run out of holes to attach my belt buckle to.

Down from 280 to 250 is about 4 months.

Rob offered to cut the buckle end down for me, but I’ve gotten good use out of this belt and I’d like a fresh one.
JimT
Shootist

Re: Running out of belt notches

Post by JimT »

Good work, Scott! Pretty soon you'll be giving clothes away and getting new ones. Here's what I learned: Don't buy but a couple pairs of levi's and shirts. You will probably be changing sizes at least once more.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Good job, Scott. That's no easy task.
I've been trying to do the same. Down 46 pounds since July 1st.
NRA Life Member
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Jim, I’m wearing jeans that I haven’t worn for several years……actually from before we got married so it was a few years back.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:29 pm Jim, I’m wearing jeans that I haven’t worn for several years……actually from before we got married so it was a few years back.
thumbsup.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats Scott!

I need to drop about 20 "COVID" pounds myself. No point in starting over the holidays with as many baked goods as Mrs. YK makes each year. But I'm almost done with them. My breakfast of champions today was a couple last gingerbread men cookies! :lol:
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good for you! That's an accomplishment.

When I was young, I could eat whatever I wanted and as much as I wanted. Never gain an ounce. Once I hit my 40s, that deal was off the table.
I still eat what I want most of the time, but much less. I cut WAY back on bread and snacks. I also notice I "run hungry" a little, where I never used to. If I stick to this, I can maintain an even weight where I'm comfortable.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I could eat a large Dominoes pizza and drink a pitcher of beer on my own. Two slices is a lot for me today. And no way I could drink a pitcher of beer.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Congratulations. That’s great.
I lost ten pounds before the holidays and kept most of it off. Three weeks of Tue-Thurs 72 hour liquid fasting. Starting back this Tuesday. I’m not doing it for the weight loss, rather to increase autophagy but lots of people do it for weight loss.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

I’m just severely cutting carbs.

Seems to be the only thing that works for me.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:29 pm I could eat a large Dominoes pizza and drink a pitcher of beer on my own. Two slices is a lot for me today. And no way I could drink a pitcher of beer.
Haha I hear that! It flabbergasts me when I think if what I used to eat. Like it was nothing. :shock:
No more sir!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

It seems ever since I hit 70, even cutting carbs doesn't work. What I have noticed, since when I'm on the road, eating 2 meals a day, is that prices are way UP! Enough that what I used to budget for both meals is now only buying one. So maybe trying to save a few dollars will end up shaving a few pounds!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JMick
Levergunner

Post by JMick »

Congratulations Scott! And to all who have done the same.

I need a belt from Simply Rugged as well
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I’m on a seafood diet….i see food, I eat it………..

I’ve weighed the same since I was 30…about 180-90….a tight 34” waist. My jeans are 34 “stretchys’s”. Once I see myself pushing 200, I halt it.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

I've had my simply rugged belt since 2010 or 11. I've worn it daily with a gun, radio, and often both. While my weight hasn't changed over the years I've had to add 3 or 4 holes over the years to account for stretch, its just gotten wet and stayed wet too many times, particularly when I was working with the Forest Service. Had to cut the end down a couple years ago, just rounded it off on a disc sander. I can't see ever replacing it, it would be like replacing a friend at this point.

Eric
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'm having a similar problem. My S.Rugged belt is down to the last hole as well. I went and gave most of my jeans to Goodwill. My wife got tired of seeing me wear the same baggy jeans and got me a couple of new pair for Christmas. I've always had to work hard to keep the weight off but during all those years in construction it wasn't much of a problem. Once I moved into a desk job, it really got away from me for several years. Getting older and all the health issues, it's is rare that I can put away more than a slice or two of pizza. Been hovering around 220 for awhile now.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I can't believe how much beer and pizza I was able to consume 40 years ago -- and not put on weight. I could sure afford to lose 15 pounds, but I find it harder now that I am past 70 -- and I am less interested. :lol:
I need to get serious about a carry belt again as I am going to give it a serious try. I wish Texas didn't have all these blasted 30.05, 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

My Simply Rugged belt is more than 10 years old ... probably closer to 15. I have cut at least a foot off it since June of 2022. You can see the marks on the belt where I was. Am now down to 34" waist.
IMG_6518.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Like Scott, I've struggled with my waistline for years. Yep, carbs are mainly my problem.....and that I apparently metabolize less efficiently than many others.
Jim - you give me hope to become more "fit" again, and stay there with lifestyle changes.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:52 am I wish Texas didn't have all these blasted 30.05, 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
I pretty much ignore those signs except for courthouses and airports.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:39 pm
Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:52 am I wish Texas didn't have all these blasted 30.05, 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
I pretty much ignore those signs except for courthouses and airports.
I am with you.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ok Scott, Jim. If I get arrested at the HEB in Abilene next week packing an itty bitty LCP Max, I am counting on you boys as character witnesses. :lol: :lol: :lol:
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

1.jpg
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Good work all you former fatties!

I’m in the same camp. 11 months ago I jumped on the Semaglutide bandwagon. Lightest I’ve been in 15 years. Totally worth it
----- Doug
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:50 pm Ok Scott, Jim. If I get arrested at the HEB in Abilene next week packing an itty bitty LCP Max, I am counting on you boys as character witnesses. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, you are worried about being arrested in an HEB?

I don’t walk into any retail establishment without a regular sixgun or auto on my hip. This is the most likely place you are going to actually need a firearm!!!!