327 brass IN STOCK

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

327 brass IN STOCK

Post by GunnyMack »

I believe Scott T was looking for 327 brass, i just got an Email from Midsouth Shooters Supply, they have Starline 327 brass in stock- get it while it lasts!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 327 brass IN STOCK

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Thank you!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Thanks - I think I just snagged some myself... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

That's good to hear! Starline still shows it "out of stock - no backorders". Guess they didn't do a big enough run to stock it themselves. I'm just glad they finally filled my backorder, after about 2 1/2 years or so. Anyway, thanks for letting folks know where to find it. It's been like hens teeth for the past three years.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Ugh...you "jerks" just cost me a hundred bucks! :lol:
I ignored this post the 1st time I saw it.
But spent some time in the reloading room Sunday and decided it could use some stocking up!
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well next time one of us jerks :D posts make darn sure you act! :lol:
I dont have a 327, would like to but too many others to work up loads for. Knowing guys here have em I figured I'd send out the alert so you guys could fight for em!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:12 pm Well next time one of us jerks :D posts make darn sure you act! :lol:
I dont have a 327, would like to but too many others to work up loads for. Knowing guys here have em I figured I'd send out the alert so you guys could fight for em!
Of course, I HAD to pick up a couple other things while I was in the store :roll:
I'll probably find 3 or 4 bags in the stash when I go to put the new order away.
No telling how many times I've bought stuff I already have. :oops:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Mine arrived today, so it wasn't a fake ad or anything...!

Over the years I've used MidwayUSA the most out of have it, but I've never been disappointed in Mid-South.

The brass just came in a bubble envelope wadded up about the size of a half loaf of French bread. It was in perfect trip as far as I can tell.

Such a neat little cartridge.

Although I only have one gun chambered for it, and really like 3220, but I figured a few years back I ought to buy a Henry rifle just because it was such a good company, and I really didn't need any more 357 Magnum or 45 Colt or 44 Magnum rifles, but I only had one modern 32-20. I also figured that way I could keep my 32-20 loads all 'vintage' and only spice up the Federal brass, so I didn't accidentally injure an old heirloom gun.

I certainly have plenty of fun using those mild vintage loads. I've never hunted with 32-20, but I'm pretty sure if you keep it within what it was designed for the 'vintage' loads are plenty-capable. But it is always nice to have a little more modern, high pressure, gun you can push the envelope with a little bit for fun.

All I've shot in my Henry 327 levergun is a little bit of factory ammo I got at the time I received the gun several years ago, and I must say I was disappointed in the accuracy, which was far inferior to pretty much any one of my 357 Magnum leverguns. Now I'll try to get some decent cast bullets and experiment with seating depth and all that stuff and see if it's an accurate gun. Hopefully it will be, because I think that caliber is just awesome for target shooting, and I suppose those vintage loads would make right nice headshots on sitting rabbits if the gun proves up to the task.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Vance, you are not the only one who has bought something you already have and had forgotten about! :lol:
Doc, I have been told by more than one old timer that head shots from a .32-20, or even a .25-20, quietly put a lot of venison on the table back in Depression days.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I remember hearing about slaughter houses using 25-20 and 32-20 before they swapped to the bolt guns.
I shot a few deer with 25-20 and they didn't know the difference.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

FWIW, the past world record whitetail deer (also known as The Jordan Buck or The Danbury Buck), was shot by Jim Jordan, just outside Danbury, WI, with his Winchester, Model 1892, 25/20 rifle.