35 Rem ammo available

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

35 Rem ammo available

Post by Malamute »

Remington shows 150 gr 35 Remington ammo as available on their website. The 200 gr shows unavailable.

https://www.remington.com/rifle/core-lokt/29-21491.html

Its not cheap, they show $62/box direct from them, but this may at least give someone the chance to use their rifle this fall to hunt.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 35 Rem ammo available

Post by COSteve »

$3.10 per round!! Perfect advertisement to consider reloading.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Was fishing in Northern Minnesota last week. A shop in Grand Rapids had six boxes of 35 Rem, 200 gr Hornady Flx Tip @ $ 49.99/ box.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

COSteve: I know 2-3 Fellow Shooters who are now considering reloading. But for them, the fly in the ointment is finding the components and equipment.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

COSteve wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:15 pm $3.10 per round!! Perfect advertisement to consider reloading.
Yeah, no kidding!

I started reloading when young, in large part to just be able to shoot more and afford it. Unfortunately, many never really shoot enough or have a high enough interest level to load their own. Im still somewhat in shock as to the current ammo prices on even common stuff.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixty bucks a box? The 35 ain't THAT good.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

$60/box is significantly cheaper than I've seen it in the last few years. I don't think I've seen less than $80+ lately ........
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

At least, if you invest in 60 to 120 rounds, that’s enough cases that if you’re just hunting with the gun it’s going to last a lifetime if you don’t push your reloads to really hot levels.

primers and powder are not depend on the cartridge, and bullets of a suitable diameter aren’t really that hard to get, especially if you are willing to simply use hardcast.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

AJMD429 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:41 pm .
At least, if you invest in 60 to 120 rounds, that’s enough cases that if you’re just hunting with the gun it’s going to last a lifetime if you don’t push your reloads to really hot levels.

primers and powder are not depend on the cartridge, and bullets of a suitable diameter aren’t really that hard to get, especially if you are willing to simply use hardcast.
It is not just cases. .358 round nose bullets have not been readily available.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

buckeyeshooter wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:16 am
AJMD429 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:41 pm .

It is not just cases. .358 round nose bullets have not been readily available.
First place I tried, Midsouth Shooter Supply, has both Hornady 200 & 250 grn .358 round nose bullets in stock. https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ ... stock=true

Their .35 Remington new brass is currently out of stock. https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ ... -remington

However, I did find a few places selling 'once fired' .35 Remington brass so it's out there and possible to get components.
https://coastalfirearmshop.com/product/ ... box-of-50/
https://ammodepotnh.com/product/35-remington-brass/
Steve
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

CW Steve: thanks for those links to the .35 Remington components. Will pass it on to other reloaders.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

COSteve wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:49 am
Their .35 Remington new brass is currently out of stock. https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ ... -remington

However, I did find a few places selling 'once fired' .35 Remington brass so it's out there and possible to get components.
https://coastalfirearmshop.com/product/ ... box-of-50/
https://ammodepotnh.com/product/35-remington-brass/
Reloading in definitely the path to worry-free enjoyment of the 35 Remington. I put a fine bead on the old 35 Texan this weekend, ran 40 rounds through it pounding paper and steel from field positions at 15-200 yards.

A buck a pop for fired brass! I am sitting on a gold mine and didn't even know it ;)
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have a couple hundred rounds still loaded. 2 or 3 hundred lead bullets ready to reload.

Keep lookinh. Some stuff is coming back.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Winchester 200 gr.35 Remington Power Points are back in circulation at 4$52.99 a box!
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I also noticed the Winchester brand 200 grain power points are easier to find than Remington 200 core lokt soft points. Yet Remington 150 PSP are available. In the past, the Remington 200 grainers were easier to come by than their 150s.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Dang. The new Winchester rounds have been around 56 a box and I thought that was high. Guess my ole model 8 will continue to diet untill I pick up some dies for the 35
Turdyturdy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Turdyturdy »

How are Remington 150 grain pointed soft points going to work out in tubular magazine rifles. Fair number of lever actions still out there in use.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I think most production is going into the 360 Buckhammer. I saw it on the shelf at a local store yesterday for $35.00 a box.
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

.45colt wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:31 am I think most production is going into the 360 Buckhammer. I saw it on the shelf at a local store yesterday for $35.00 a box.
the 360 Buckhammer would be a real hammer loaded with the Speer 220 grain bullet
IF you could find some :(
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

To be fair, I just looked up .30-30 ammo and the cheapest I could find 170 grn ammo was Winchester Power Point was for 95.6¢ per round or $19.11 from Midway or Remington Core-Lokt for 96¢ per round or $19.20 from Gman Sporting Arms which also had 150 grn Remington Core-Lokt for 99.7¢ per round or $19.94.

So, .30-30 or .35, it's not going to be cheap to buy.
Steve
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

BTW, I'm still loading .30-30 with 150 grn X-Treme plated bullets, W-760 powder and WLP primers in Win brass as plinkin' loads for 16.2¢ per round, 150 grn Hornady RN bullets with H335 or TAC for 23.9¢ per round and .308 & .30-06 with 165 grn Win Power Point bullets, W-748 powder and WLP primers in Greek / Win brass for 34.6¢ per round but that's with components I bought some 11 years ago.
Steve
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

60 bucks a box- thats what I paid about 10 years ago for Remington 25-20! At least that's a box of 50.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

.45colt wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:31 am I think most production is going into the 360 Buckhammer. I saw it on the shelf at a local store yesterday for $35.00 a box.
This is how they sell new guns these days.
Stop making or jack the price to a ridiculous level on ammo for the guns that already exist.
Then come out with a "new" cartridge for "less money" and stuff the shelves with it.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

The bellwether will be if Ruger offers a 35 caliber 336- and if so, which cartridge they chamber it for.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

If they would chamber it in the 35 Buckhammer round, they would sell a bunch and make it harder to come by 35 Rem. stuff.

Maybe even make a special run of #1's in that round.