Oh, boy!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Oh, boy!

Post by Bill in Oregon »

UPS just brought me four boxes of the new Remington Peters Paper 12-gauge shells. First thing in the morning (after taking a load to our landfill) I am heading for the range and firing a couple of these babies just to smell the wonderful smell of so long ago -- high school matter of fact, shooting California valley quail with my chums on the bar of the Mad River between Arcata and Blue Lake with Revelation paper shotshells from the Western Auto store. :lol:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Oh, boy!

Post by GunnyMack »

We used to shoot A LOT of Federal papers way back when I traveled for international competitions. We always reloaded them and it's amazing how soft paper shells are in recoil.
Just gotta watch as the rim will split and allow hot gas to come back at ya!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

I shot some up on the trap field once and boy did the scent bring back some memories to the old guard there. It was only AFTER they were all shot that one of the old fellas said he would have given me $15 per box for them! I think I'd paid $3 per on close-out years before...

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I paid $15 a box for four boxes, plus shipping. The memories were worth it.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

These can be had in 12, 16 & 20 gauge over here.
Hull_Three_Crowns-768x432.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

When I first started shooting BP in CAS matches I used Federal paper shotshells. I had a bunch of Alcan wads and just folded the crimp over the shot. I'd reload them until they started to develop pinholes near the base. When they started going away, (late 80s), I moved to plastic hulls. Luckily enough folks shoot AA LNLR and I can pick up once fired hulls off the range like spilled popcorn! I buy the same for my WB shooting and save them especially for the BP loads.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!