Children and Grandchildren

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Children and Grandchildren

Post by Old No7 »

Too late for me...

But maybe this will help the younger levergunners who are just starting families.

(Lots of truth to this!)

Old No7

Spoil Children.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Children and Grandchildren

Post by gamekeeper »

Yes I have seen folks make that mistake, personally I don't like the idea of spoiling grandkids either but then I'm known as grumpy gramps :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I told my kids the whole time they were growing up that they existed to give me grandkids. I think I'm still 10 years out though. I've seen way too many people try to be their kids friends first. Always backfires. Y2K often quotes another thing I told them; "I'm your Dad - you'll have plenty of friends, but only one of me".
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It is sad, but I see a lot of people my age who are trying to undo the damage done to their grand children by their own children. They wonder why their children seemed to be OK, but then crashed when they were about 30. It may be because they were spoiled. Sometimes academia does that to people for sure. Mostly, just not staying involved in your kids life as a participant as opposed to someone funding things, seems to be important.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
RIDERED350r
Levergunner 2.0

Post by RIDERED350r »

You all are speaking some real and timeless truth here. Biblical principle also agrees.

My son is 19 and my daughter about to turn 16. It's definitely been tough at times trying not to stay solely focused on being the provider and be part of my kids lives. I have definitely slipped from time to time chasing a living and forgetting to live. But so far my kids make me proud. They have old fashioned values and are the antithesis of their purple haired woke and complaining about how unfair the world is contemporaries

Becoming a grandpa is likely not too far over the horizon for me and I look forward to it. But I want it to be at the right time and under the right circumstances.
Last edited by RIDERED350r on Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

We consider ourselves lucky to have turned out 5 great children, who are all turning out great kids themselves so far. In the scheme of things all you can do is try to do it right, and even then I've got friends who had kids go astray. You just don't know all the time if you'll be unfortunate enough to have a good kid whose raised well, but still falls down sometime in life.
But we do indeed spoil our grand kids. Maybe not as much as some do, but more than we did our kids. We consider it a privilege to be able to be a little looser with them than we were with the kids. After all we earned it after working hard to produce good kids.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/