Found a straight grip 336 in .35 Rem

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Found a straight grip 336 in .35 Rem

Post by Warhawk »

Howdy, I haven't posted on leverguns in quite a while. Not since the regular forum died for sure, and I think a bit longer than that.

Mr Taffin has been a bad influence on me, along with Mr Keith and a few others <G>. One of the guns I've been keeping an eye out for for several years now is a straight gripped Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. Well I found one today, and it was even a bargain.

Turns out it's a 1964 vintage Marlin, the blue isn't worn thru to bright metal, but it's worn enough that it's dull. A good oiling and polishing may take care of that. The wood is in the same shape, no cracks or damage, but the finish is dull. Bore looks very good, from what I could see of it. This was at Cabela's believe it or not, and I picked it up for only $299. By far the cheapest lever gun in the store.

Actually I put it on layaway, as I'm going on a little vacation this weekend and didn't want to spend ALL my spare cash. I'll post pics when I get it out of jail.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Oh, I am officially jealous. :mrgreen: That is THE only .35 Rem levergun I want. That is a great price, too!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

Great find!!!
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

Also on layaway with it is one of those stainless Taurus "Judge" revolvers that shoots .410 shells. It was on sale and I couldn't resist <G>

Ought to make the world's handiest snake charmer.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The local slobber shop is selling a lot of those Judges. You don't see them come back into the shop like you do the .50 A&E, or .44 Mags. People must like them.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

Cabela's has the stainless version of the Judge on sale, they were going out of there like free money. I saw 4 of them get bought while I was there.
blackhawk44
Levergunner 2.0

Post by blackhawk44 »

Sure wish you could find a way to get your seed back on that Judge. Couple of friends got them. With accuracy and patterns like that, you're better off with a pocket full of rocks. Put that downstroke on a Ruger BH .45 convertable and some CCI snake loads and gain the magical ability to actually hit something.
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

You know that my name and address is around here some place, and Christmas is soon coming..................................................................................................0

.................Mutt :D ...............