SOT (Sorta Off Topic) Ruger Bearcat Revolver

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

SOT (Sorta Off Topic) Ruger Bearcat Revolver

Post by mklwhite »

I've been thinking about a Bearcat or bearcat like revolver for my wife to plink with. She like to shoot my EAA Bounty Hunter, but I think something a bit smaller might fit her a bit better. Is there another little 22 six shooter about the same size as the Bearcat that I should also be considering?
Ysabel Kid

Re: SOT (Sorta Off Topic) Ruger Bearcat Revolver

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It must be your lucky day - one's for sale here!

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... f=2&t=7929

The Ruger Bearcat is simple wonderful. Do wait too long - I'm sure this one will be gone shortly!!!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I've been thinking about a Bearcat or bearcat like revolver for my wife to plink with. She like to shoot my EAA Bounty Hunter, but I think something a bit smaller might fit her a bit better. Is there another little 22 six shooter about the same size as the Bearcat that I should also be considering?
What you think really isn't the important thing here. It's what "she" thinks that's important. If she likes the EAA Bounty Hunter let her shoot it. Now if you were to buy the Ruger Bearcat and she decides she likes it, so much the better.
It's best to let the gals decided for themselves what they like to shoot.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

J Miller wrote:
What you think really isn't the important thing here. It's what "she" thinks that's important. If she likes the EAA Bounty Hunter let her shoot it. Now if you were to buy the Ruger Bearcat and she decides she likes it, so much the better.
It's best to let the gals decided for themselves what they like to shoot.

Joe
+1!Bought my wife a 22LR Favorite rifle.She didn't like shooting the favorite.I later bought a used Winnie 94AE Ranger for my son in law's birthday..no go my wife liked shoot'n the (to Quote my wife) "the ol'cowboy levergun"that it's her idea of a "go to gun" now. :wink:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[What you think really isn't the important thing here.]
[It's what "she" thinks that's important.]

+3 Green-eyed monsters are a force unto themselves - thwart them at your own risk ! :wink:
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

While not a Bearcat, my daughter (and wife) loves her Colt Frontier Scout. It probably has the smoothest action of any revolver I've shot. And it fits smallish hands very nicely.

...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have one and I like it but the wife, well, she'll shoot anything she can lift but she isn't enthusiastic about it. If I could find one she liked, I'd get her that no matter what it was.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

I have a Bearcat. It gets top marks for cuteness but it is a "gunsafe queen". Reason: I have not found it to be accurate, even for my low standards (in a handgun). I beveled the front sight so that is not the issue (a curve in the back side of a sight makes for less consistency in sighting).
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Thanks for the info and advice. I didn't know about the little colt revolver. Trying to out guess her can be work, to be sure. Like I mentioned she liked my EAA, but would like to get her hands on something smaller. That is why I thought the bearcat could be the answer. Heaven knows I can't out guess her... but if I get this wrong, at least there will be a consolation prize! :wink:
Last edited by mklwhite on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

:lol: That's true enough! Remember, it is the thought that counts... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Well, we done it. We went to town today and I wanted her to get her hands on a birds head grip vs regular style to see what she thought. The hardware/gunshop had a couple 22/22mag Heritage Manufacturing Inc pistols. She thought the birds head was ok, but like the trad style better. So much so that we carried it home with us.
This is a picture of the pistol from the manufacturers site. Hers actually has the adjustable site setup. She has already been shooting it and really likes it.

You can find them online pretty cheap if you want the birds head version. I figure it would make a descent kit gun. I thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is looking.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congratulations!!! :D
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good deal. Anytime you can get your better half out shooting it's a great thing. Doesn't matter what caliber as long as they're there shooting with ya, learning and staying proficient.
Old Law Dawg
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Thanks. She sure loves it. :D Yesterday we went outside and went through another 30 rounds before being distracted by things that had to get done. I told her keep this up and I'll get her a gunslinger rig and we'll start hunting down a CAS get together somewhere near by. She laughed and said she has a long was to go, but she really does like the practice. :D