Wanting an M-1 Carbine?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Wanting an M-1 Carbine?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: Wanting an M-1 Carbine?

Post by wecsoger »

Checked out their website but didn't see any listings yet.

But from the attached article, if they're going to start at a kilobuck and go north from there, I'll have to pass

Always wanted one or two but I'll have to settle for my Mini-14 which is only about 10% bigger and makes a better bang

Check out the Royal Tiger website

I got a kick out of seeing the Lee Enfield listings at $349 and up

Heckuva long way from the old gunshow piles of cosmoline lathered stacks back in the late '80's at $49 - $69 each
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Wow ! Let me loose in that place..... :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Here in Pa we had Laneco stores and they had beat up “blue sky” import M1 Carbines for $69. Pretty regularly in the 1990’s but they were a hard sell as 30 carbine was an expensive round. The carbines sat.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

fordwannabe wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:35 pm Here in Pa we had Laneco stores and they had beat up “blue sky” import M1 Carbines for $69. Pretty regularly in the 1990’s but they were a hard sell as 30 carbine was an expensive round. The carbines sat.
The two carbines in my accumulation came from PA the Tobyhanna Army Depot to be exact . I also have the receipts etc for both when they were acquired in 1962 at the astronomical price of $12.50 each and $3 shipping . My grandpop got an Inland and my pop got a Winchester . Both are refits for Korea . I’d still like to have a WWII that’s not been refit IE no bayonet lug and the two blade rear sight .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have shot one one time. It had belonged to an Uncle, and he gave it to his son. My Cousin Richard had it with him one Christmas when he came to visit Grandma. Richard, I, my brother Roger, and Richard's Brother-in-law Bill all shot it. Accuracy was good. It functioned perfectly. As far as liking it enough to want one? Not at current prices.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:59 am I have shot one one time. It had belonged to an Uncle, and he gave it to his son. My Cousin Richard had it with him one Christmas when he came to visit Grandma. Richard, I, my brother Roger, and Richard's Brother-in-law Bill all shot it. Accuracy was good. It functioned perfectly. As far as liking it enough to want one? Not at current prices.
The M1 Carbine with military hardball ammo was my grandpops preferred medicine for wild turkey . He killed a number of them with the Carbine . He’d walk past a 12 point 200 pound whitetail for a 12 pound turkey .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
shiloh505
Levergunner 1.0

Post by shiloh505 »

Bill,
I'm not sure why this was posted on Nov. 1st but Royal Tiger had those carbines for sale several months ago. They sold most of them at cheaper prices than there website lists currently. They still have some left starting at over $1,000 and I suspect there the picked over remnants of what they originally had. A lot of buyers were very pleased with what they got but some complained. The early flip sight guns went for quite a bit more than the adjustable sight guns.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That popped up in my e-mail. Did not realize they were already mostly gone.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:29 pm Wonder what these will sell for.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/news/m ... Dispatches
Says in the article you linked they'll sell for $999 for run of the mill, and $1600 for unfired condition.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Well, Vall, I guess I should read stuff all the way through first, instead of giving it a quick glance then posting a link. I seem to do this more and more these days. :?