28 gauge Lee loader

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

28 gauge Lee loader

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I have a Lee lee loader in 28 gauge. Its the whack-a-mole type. Have any of you seen these, or know how many were made and when? Asked on Cast Boolits too, so they must be rare and valuable huh? All i know is they are gonna cost me about $5-700 for an O/U 28 gauge. Just wanted a 20 gauge loader and didnt notice they werent 20 gauge until I got home.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

I dont call it a 45 long Colt for the same reason I dont call it a 45 short Auto!
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 28 gauge Lee loader

Post by Marvin S »

I would like to have a .410 bore and 28 gauge load all or wack a mole set.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Marvin S wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:44 pm
I would like to have a .410 bore and 28 gauge load all or wack a mole set.
+ 1. The .410 Lee Loader is like rocking horse poop.
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )
historicfirearms
Levergunner

Post by historicfirearms »

Get the gun to go with your reloading tools. You are not alone. CZ makes a dandy looking 28 gauge side by side.
vonfilm
Levergunner

Post by vonfilm »

You can get a nice little Yildiz 28 gauge O/U at Academy for not very much money. I love mine.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have a 28 gauge H&R that I love. For my purpose around the farmstead a .410 is just a little too small but I don't quite need a 20 ga. Paco makes a combo 410/28 loader that he has for sale on his site.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.