MOVIE: energy non-crisis

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

MOVIE: energy non-crisis

Post by Grizz »

not too hard to believe this guy, but hey, everyone prefers to believe lies and call truth lies:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7167011147
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: MOVIE: energy non-crisis

Post by Rusty »

Grizz,
Glad you posted this. I've heard him on the radio and he has no axe to grind.

It's stuff like this that I see that makes me wonder if it's really even worth the time to go vote any more.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Rusty wrote:Grizz,
Glad you posted this. I've heard him on the radio and he has no axe to grind.

It's stuff like this that I see that makes me wonder if it's really even worth the time to go vote any more.
I'm glad you brought this up Rusty. I'll tell you why it's worth the time to vote. It's worth it if we exercise OUR OWN VETO POWER and defeat all 595 incumbents in DC. They are responsible for the crisis. They are almost a shoe in to keep raping us.

I'm convinced now that the only POWERFUL vote we have is AGAINST THE INCUMBENTS.

Here is a link that is relevant: http://www.voidnow.org/antiincumbent_news/

Some folks argue that there are some good folks in DC and we should keep them, but people argue that boxer and reid and those other perps are good too. In other words, we only exercise POWER as citizens if we THROW THEM ALL OUT. And keep throwing them all out until they vote in ironclad term limits, you know, like the president has, and for the exact same reason.

If we get an UNEMCUMBERED congress, we can get our own oil into our own economy. The entire nation would light up like a kleig light. Everyone would have jobs and houses and fun again, and the only thing holding us down is the DC OLIGARCHY.

The only way to get out from under it is to get rid of it. IT'S SO OBVIOUS.

We need about sixty million folks who will just vote against every incumbent. They're scum-sucking parasites. They're the ones responsible for the cost of gas. And they're the ones lying about it, blaming everyone but themselves, and just yesterday they killed a bill to harvest our own oil in the arctic. like the lady said, they have less common sense than a flock of geese.

Or, as my son remarked on his blog, "it's too bad Bush didn't start a war for oil so we could have 29 cent gas, eh?"

Grizz
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

It's pretty hard to believe someone who paints natural gas injection as part of a conspiracy. It's done to keep pushing the oil out, not to screw consumers. And where did he get his numbers for reserves on the north slope of Alaska? The reserves there are certainly nothing to sneeze at, but neither oil execs nor the government make claims matching his. Good grief.

And why, oh why, are Americans whining about high fuel prices? So what if we drive smaller cars fewer miles while using less foreign oil? The cost of shipping is forcing US companies to bring production back to North America from China and even from Mexico. I see nothing bad in this.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

you can use mud to pressurize the hole too you know, and use the ng for our energy needs.

and just because you aren't privy to the actual proven reserves doesn't mean that guy isn't either.

he's obviously selling his book, but that doesn't mean he's lying about what he saw.

and his point is correct, if we use our energy, our energy costs will go down.
the first thing that will happen is that opec will lower their prices to try to prevent
us from taking our own oil. so the market impact will be immediate.

a person would have to hate America to oppose using our own resources
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well I've said it here before and I'll say it again. My Mom in S.W. Fla has an oil well that has oil under it that has sat idle for 20 years. they have yet to pump the first barrel out of the ground. Why is that? Because there's a supply problem? I doubt it.

As for the incumbents I think you're right about that. Here in Florida there was a fellow a few years back named Jack Gargen or something like that, he formed a group called T.H.R.O. Throw the Hypocritical Rascals Out. I think he might have claimed a few victories on a local level but it never went further than that.

But then all the elections that go on depend on one thing. That the vote that's voted gets counted the way it was cast. I'm skeptical of that any more. At least here when we had "hanging chads" there was something to count. Now everything is electronic and there's nothing to count. I'd rather see all the counting done by hand in the back room at the courthouse and not know the results for a week.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Well I've said it here before and I'll say it again. My Mom in S.W. Fla has an oil well that has oil under it that has sat idle for 20 years. they have yet to pump the first barrel out of the ground. Why is that? Because there's a supply problem? I doubt it.
I can think of a lot of possibilities. Is there a pipeling running past the well head? Are there right of way issues for installing a pipeline or a storage tank? Are there zoning problems or local regulations that the oil company doesn't want to deal with? Is there enough oil in that pool to make the cost of setting up the rig to pump it? Is there a reason why drill mud can't be brought in there or pumped in and out?

It's a business. There are lots of business reasons not to do something. I doubt it's the last few drops of oil in the earth...

and yeah we gotta keep voting the bums out..... they're all bums.....