POLITICS - Oh the Irony, Anti Gunner stabbed to death

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

POLITICS - Oh the Irony, Anti Gunner stabbed to death

Post by Old Ironsights »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 40,00.html

A woman who dedicated her life to getting guns off the street after her son was murdered, has been killed. Pat Regan was found dead with stab wounds in Leeds . A 19-year-old man - thought to be her grandson - has been arrested. Fraser Maude reports.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Yep I heard this one the other day :roll: If you keep sticking your head in the sand one day some one is gonner come up behind you and give you one hell of a surprise! :wink:
Nath.
(Wake up Britain, notice I left out the great bit).
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:( T'aint funny McGee........ Ironic, probably.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

It is sad proof that you can't reverse the sinful nature of people with "campaigning" and that the only thing that stifles violence is, well, violence.

Some people will never figure this out. :cry:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

At least her grandson didn't beat her to death with a cricket bat.

I wonder, I have to, when she gets to where she's going on the other side, did she stop to ponder the irony of it all? Did her lack of logic and her emotionalism somehow contribute to the circumstance of her own grandson killing her?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

I don't believe in Karma, but sometimes it seems to rear it's ugly head. :cry:

Regardless, she definitely did not deserve this. Maybe a life changing situation
to make her rethink her ambition about disarming innocent people, but definitaly
not being stabbed by her grandson.

I hope she finds peace.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

It may be ironic, and it may have changed her outlook in the last moments of her life.
That doesn't change the fact that there is something seriously wrong with a person who would stab their own grandma to death, and the law ought to arrange it for him to go and apologize to her real soon.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It is in the UK, he'll get what, 5-15 years?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

a sad ending for someone who, no doubt meant well.

i don't think there's anyone out there in the world who believes it's wrong to disarm/deprive/deny violent criminals the possession of firearms...it's just the way they go about it that is wrong.

the very justice/security they seek eventually ends up badly for innocence
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

Regardless, she definitely did not deserve this. Maybe a life changing situation to make her rethink her ambition about disarming innocent people, but definitaly not being stabbed by her grandson.
In my opinion, anyone who attempts to disarm innocents does deserve a fate like this. Her actions may have contributed to many needless deaths. She worked to combat violence by making it risk-free, not very smart.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

PaulB wrote:
Regardless, she definitely did not deserve this. Maybe a life changing situation to make her rethink her ambition about disarming innocent people, but definitaly not being stabbed by her grandson.
In my opinion, anyone who attempts to disarm innocents does deserve a fate like this. Her actions may have contributed to many needless deaths. She worked to combat violence by making it risk-free, not very smart.
Harsh, but point well taken Paul :wink:

She just didn't have a good understanding of the human animal, she has been
indoctrinated by those who think if you treat everyone nicely then surely you
will never have to worry. Nice thought, but reality don't work that way.

Pretty sad to get a sociology lesson from her grandson though.

They just won't understand how determined and ultimately how ingenious
the human animal is. We didn't get to the top of the food chain without being
full of guile and know how to get around things.

A law can in no way safeguard your life, people break them all the time, there
is no way to stop them. A firearm however.......

Funny, it like having a war and taking all the weapons away from one side
and being shocked when they lose. Definitely a mental illness if ya ask me.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I'm beginning to think that none of you have ever encountered a truly mean, vindictive old lady.

I'm not totally calloused, and I have not the first clue what the actual circumstances of this failed attempt at quality family time might have been, but it's not outside the realm of possiblity that the old lady (substitute "old bag" if she was indeed a mean one) might have earned it.

First we have an indisputably self-righteous old lady (..."old bag"..., etc.) who wants to deprive all other people of their rights and tell them what to do, and a young man (perhaps mentally disturbed, perhaps an angel of justice) who was somehow exposed to her and her influence to the point he felt it necessary to act out to stop her. It is not unknown that young men can take offense at being nagged.

Let's do the math.

Preachy old lady + Annoyed young man / Sharp thing in easy reach = Funeral.

Hope it makes sense now. Glad to help.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Jeeps wrote:I don't believe in Karma, but sometimes it seems to rear it's ugly head. :cry:
The Karma Train could use a conductor sometimes...trust me.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

PaulB, FWiedner and Jeeps all bring to the table good points. This gal may not have understood the "rules of the game".

Her motto could quite literaly read: "The best offence, is a bad defense."
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

donw wrote:a sad ending for someone who, no doubt meant well.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences." -- C.S. Lewis

Whether someone is trying to deprive me of my God-given right to self defense out of good intentions, ignorance, or sheer meaness and a lust for power, the result is still the same - it endangers myself and more importantly (to me) my family. I know it is not very Christian, but I have no use or mercy for this kind of person. Good riddance! :evil:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
donw wrote:a sad ending for someone who, no doubt meant well.
I know it is not very Christian, but I have no use or mercy for this kind of person. Good riddance! :evil:
+1
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Jeeps wrote:I don't believe in Karma, but sometimes it seems to rear it's ugly head.
I do, and I'd say that it has..

Deserved? I cannot say - I do wonder how many innocent people may have died because of this person's efforts to deny the basic right of self-protection to others? We reap what we sow..
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Harsh criticism by someone totally unqualified; a woman whose son, a known drug dealer and user, was killed violently in his chosen profession (avocation maybe?). A woman who was primary caretaker for a 19 year old (alleged grandson) who suffers from an alleged mental disorder and was killed by same.

Guilt often pushes us to pursue a course of action in a self-serving attempt to undue that which we have set in motion. Sometimes we work so hard at helping others, we ignore those that may be best served with our attention and devotion.

The compassionate person in me also sez, no one "DESERVES" such an end, yet sometimes our actions lead us down a road which has few forks. May the Lord have a place for her, and may we have mercy in our rememberances.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Her pitar was her undoing :shock: !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I don't know much about this woman except that she lived in a place were legal gun ownership and hunting was a rare thing. The only guns she new about were those illegal guns in the hands of drug peddlers etc.

Things are very different here, the government has already disarmed most of us legal gun owners and this woman wanted the bad guys disarmed too. It's a pity she did not realise that it would have been better campaigning for us getting back our rights, to not only own guns but to be allowed to defend ourselves with them.

What she didn't understand is, that firearms are not evil, only people are evil and that don't change whether they are armed with a gun, a knife or a cricket bat.

I think we all owe it to the future of shooting that we show people like her, and we all know someone with stupid gun control ideas, that guns are a normal and everyday kind of thing. Not some sort of evil tool only owned by people intent on destroying life as we know it!
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

game keeper wrote: I think we all owe it to the future of shooting that we show people like her, and we all know someone with stupid gun control ideas, that guns are a normal and everyday kind of thing. Not some sort of evil tool only owned by people intent on destroying life as we know it!
Spot on GK! I try to take someone who has never been shooting - especially if they are "anti-gun" to the range at least once per year. Maybe they will never be pro-gun, but at least they will understand your very point - guns are simply tools, and can be used for good and enjoyment just as easily as evil and harm - all depending on the person wielding it. I especially like introducing young people to shooting - because it often starts a life-long interest. We need more folks on "our side"! :D