Way OT: Crocodile Dundee's knife?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Way OT: Crocodile Dundee's knife?

Post by DixieBoy »

I saw the first Crocodile Dundee again this evening and wondered if anybody here knows who made the bowie knife he carries in the film?
- DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

The story goes that there were 3 Bowies that were custom made for the movie. These were said to have been made as movie props by Angel Swords of Driftwood Texas. Can't say if that info is 100% accurate, but that has been the claim made by the company. :?:

There have been reproductions that claim to be just like the original, but if you compare photos side-by-side, they don't all look like the one in the movie.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

This newspaper article confirms that there were three made for the movie.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Arts/Blun ... 88524.html

No indication of who the maker was.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have a couple of knives by Angel Sword, and Tycer can vouch that the one he borrowed to help process his game was a pretty decent knife even if the blade was only 440C. I don't know if they really did make the knives for the movie. If Daniel really did make the knife, then it probably is a pretty good knife. My favorite that Daniel (Angel Swords Bladesmith) made is in S7 steel and I have it sharp enough to slice Kleenex and it has been used several times without dulling. I have a handmade knife by Ray Johnson of Silver Dollar City, good knife and tough as anything I have ever seen, but it won't hold an edge anywhere near as well as the Angel Sword knives.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

It says toward the bottom of the page that Angel Sword did make the Bowies for the movie.

http://www.crushingforce.com/