No more Ruger 77/44's...???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

No more Ruger 77/44's...???

Post by AJMD429 »

I can't find them on the Ruger website. They are a nice all-weather 44 Mag for whitetail hunting.

Same size and configuration and weight as the 77/22's (and 77/357's)

....in fact, I don't even see the 77/22 or 77/22Mag or 77/17HMR's.....

This is disturbing....(wish I'd bought two of each so I could sell some at a profit... :D )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Re: No more Ruger 77/44's...???

Post by kaschi »

I'm pretty sure ALL the ones you listed are sadly out of production as of recently. When I heard that was to be the case, I bought a NIB 77/22 Mag, something I've been meaning to do for at least 25 years.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

No more 77 anything that I can see.... The Ruger American Rifle has a nice rimfire line that includes the .17 and 22 mag....I always thought a 77-22 in Hornet would be cool.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I too was looking at the website for a 44 when I heard the production was to stop...sad they didn't sell enough of them to continue.
I have 77/22 in 22lr, always wanted one in hornet. Then I saw they made them in 357, couldn't find one reasonably priced...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Just like the 96 series...

For all of Bill's anti EBR stuff, at least he produced some neat guns... that can't make Marketability in the EBR market. :roll: :(
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well AJ, locally the 77/44 has listed at about $845 which makes no sense to me. They also have a 77/22 Mag.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Old Savage wrote:Well AJ, locally the 77/44 has listed at about $845 which makes no sense to me.
I'm pretty sure that's why they discontinued them. I woulda kinda liked to have had one, but that's 346 dollars more than and all-weather 77 Hawkeye can be had for.

My cousin did turn one into an internally suppressed .45 Colt. Now that was a neat little rifle...and even more expensive.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

vancelw wrote:My cousin did turn one into an internally suppressed .45 Colt. Now that was a neat little rifle...and even more expensive.
Now THAT would be perfect.... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

AJMD429 wrote:I can't find them on the Ruger website. They are a nice all-weather 44 Mag for whitetail hunting.

Same size and configuration and weight as the 77/22's (and 77/357's)

....in fact, I don't even see the 77/22 or 77/22Mag or 77/17HMR's.....

This is disturbing....(wish I'd bought two of each so I could sell some at a profit... :D )

FYI, this past October, Ruger sent this email to their stocking dealers/FFL's:

Dear xxxxxxx,

We wanted to provide you with a heads-up regarding an upcoming consumer communication about one of our rifle lines.

We have closed down the 77/17®, 77/22®, 77/357™ and 77/44® line and have temporarily stopped production of all models.
At this time,‎ we do not have a schedule or plan to turn the line back on, so any existing inventory that you or your distributors have, represents the entirety of the available product.
Officially, supply is now limited.

We will be sending THIS EMAIL to our consumer email database tomorrow (9/16/16) - driving them to search for these products at a local retailer, like you.

We encourage you to reach out to your distributors today for remaining product availability. Also, please let your sales team know that calls may be coming in from consumers as they receive the linked communication from us tomorrow.

Thank You,

Ruger

BlaineG wrote:
No more 77 anything that I can see
Please note that Ruger has discontinued ONLY the rotary magazine Mode 77's, and not the standard Model 77's.