Value of winchester 1892 miroku case hardened sporter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BigMike349
Levergunner

Value of winchester 1892 miroku case hardened sporter

Post by BigMike349 »

Hey all,

I am just curious as to the value of my miroku made Winchester 1892 case hardened sporter. I've run less than 50 rounds of 45 colt through it. I would say it is in very good condition. I was thinking of selling it since my wife is pregnant with our first child and it might be nice to have the extra cash around. I brought it to my local gun store for a quote thinking since it was past production it would be worth something but they didn't have it in their gun value book so they told me they could only do 500 for it (I paid around 1200 New) so I declined. I might also sell its brother, a ruger vaquero 7.5 blued in 45 colt but if my rifle is the trend I'll be lucky to get 50 bucks!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Value of winchester 1892 miroku case hardened sporter

Post by Blaine »

BigMike349 wrote:Hey all,

I am just curious as to the value of my miroku made Winchester 1892 case hardened sporter. I've run less than 50 rounds of 45 colt through it. I would say it is in very good condition. I was thinking of selling it since my wife is pregnant with our first child and it might be nice to have the extra cash around. I brought it to my local gun store for a quote thinking since it was past production it would be worth something but they didn't have it in their gun value book so they told me they could only do 500 for it (I paid around 1200 New) so I declined. I might also sell its brother, a ruger vaquero 7.5 blued in 45 colt but if my rifle is the trend I'll be lucky to get 50 bucks!
I have no clue to it's actual value, but rest assured a gun shop will only offer you half of what it's worth. Post it in the Site Classified section. Look at an online auction site for an idea of what they are going for.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Value of winchester 1892 miroku case hardened sporter

Post by GunnyMack »

Congrats on the baby!

Are you sure you don't want to keep both for your child? Every kid needs a good gun and a puppy!

A buddy of mine was given a Sharps while he was still a new born. His dad bought it at a gun show, walked in the house and his wife just about went nuts until he explained it was for his son.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!