I cast my vote

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

I cast my vote

Post by GunnyMack »

I hit my polling place at 0645 this morning. The parking lot was jammed, the lines were weaving around the building. Seemed like everyone was in a good mood.
Then one of the ballot machines stopped working! Few minutes and back in business!
I was #38 in my district.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: I cast my vote

Post by AJMD429 »

The machine was probably programmed to convert all Trump votes to Hillary votes and got jammed....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thanks for voting. I got there at 628 am, #16 in line. Huge turnout for the before work crowd.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

We have vote by mail. I like the old fassion way better. I believe there is more chance of it being tinkered with when they recieve it by mail. The dems pushed that stuff through years ago.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My wife and I got to the polls about 09:45, no line to speak of, so we got right in. It was raining and chilly so we were glad of that.
My wife had an idea that if we went around 09:00 or so most folks that had to go to work would be gone and the lines would be short, she was right.

The voter ID verification was slick, all electronic, just put the drivers license on a holder and the scanner reads the bar code and verifies the ID and voter registration.

The voter machine was the simplest I've ever used. The way it was set up makes fraud all but impossible. Took me maybe 10 minutes max to do the voting. I was being thorough and double checked the machine as I went.

So that done were back at home for a hot breakfast.

Now tomorrow, I get to tell the complainers that if they didn't vote, to shut the he!! up, they abrogated their rights to complain by not voting.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

My better half and myself just got back. We have a very long drive....about 200 yards to the Methodist Church. :D Got to hobknob with the local leaders who all expressed their gratitude for my 3 X 5 Trump banner and 12 regular sized Trump signs. It's what voters see right before they pull into the church.

If H wins, this once great United States will cease to exist for our younger generation. We "old heads" have got it made and if "they" come after our AR's, well, I'll say it right here in public, I'm going down in a blaze of glory.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Sixgun wrote:
If H wins, this once great United States will cease to exist for our younger generation. We "old heads" have got it made and if "they" come after our AR's, well, I'll say it right here in public, I'm going down in a blaze of glory.-----6

Now I lay me down to sleep on a bed of BRASS.......?

P.S. I DO NOT want to end up in a FEMA camp!
Last edited by 1894cfan on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Oregon has a mail balloting system, and I'm not sure I like it. I dropped my ballot off two weeks ago at the city hall parking lot in the "voting box" ( like a metal mail box painted white). For local elections and city and county issues it seems OK, but I feel a bit of trepidation with the system now. There seems to be some "Conservative" voters in my city that did not receive a ballot in the mail.....
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:We have vote by mail. I like the old fassion way better. I believe there is more chance of it being tinkered with when they recieve it by mail. The dems pushed that stuff through years ago.
Up "here" in Liberal LaLa Land, they count the votes until the 'Crats win....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm with you 1894!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Stopped on the way home. Usually I go in and I'm lucky if I see one other person. Today there was a line of 4 in front of me. An improvement, and maybe it's the time of day, but still sad to see so few folks voting.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Went out at 10:20am figuring I'd miss the crowd, and waited 30 minutes. Not bad, but that is the longest line I've ever seen at my polling place. Hopefully a good sign.

Mrs. YK voted at 11:00am - about the same experience.

Y2K surprised us and came home to vote, voting at 4:30pm. No line at all. I imagine there is one now.

Our polls close in 14 minutes...
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I was #59 at 7:30 this morning. More crowded than in the past, first time I haven't run into someone I know. Looked like it was going to be a busy day down there today.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I didn't vote until my wife got off for a couple of hours and I could drive her to the polls.

But... we voted "No".

No to "government as usual". No to "party politics.". NO to incumbents.

WY is deep into Trumpland. Not going to change.

But that's OK. Trump is "no" to the status quo.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!