Hardware stores

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Hardware stores

Post by m.wun »

About a year or more ago I had a True Value Hardware store right near my house. I bet I went
there every other day for something, then they pulled out due to rent hike. Reluctantly I had to start
going to an Ace Hardware a couple miles away. Had to learn where everything was , and now start
liking the new place. On last visit I stop by to get a few items and go to the counter and see one of those
neoprene gun mats on the counter with a sign saying they now carry a full assortment of gunsmith
screws! I asked about them and he says oh yah we have boxes of them in back if you need just
ask to look. I told him he would see a lot more of me just for having that sign up! This is rare in
Ca. to have I got to support them.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hardware stores

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:D :D :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good deal....(There should be a special place in "heck" for designers that use a one-of-a-kind screw/nut/bolt that cannot be found anyplace else :twisted: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

m.wun wrote:About a year or more ago I had a True Value Hardware store right near my house. I bet I went
there every other day for something, then they pulled out due to rent hike. Reluctantly I had to start
going to an Ace Hardware a couple miles away. Had to learn where everything was , and now start
liking the new place. On last visit I stop by to get a few items and go to the counter and see one of those
neoprene gun mats on the counter with a sign saying they now carry a full assortment of gunsmith
screws! I asked about them and he says oh yah we have boxes of them in back if you need just
ask to look. I told him he would see a lot more of me just for having that sign up! This is rare in
Ca. to have I got to support them.
Where in SoCal? Might save me a wait getting things from an online seller.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

Good for them :mrgreen:

The True Value down in Alamogordo still has a gun counter, gotta love that. Come to think of it, so does the one in Socorro, though I don't recall the selection being all that good.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

One of my best LGS is located inside of an Ace Hardware Store not too far from my parents place. Good friends with several of the "gun guys". They even get in an occasional old levergun or two that come in.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

m.wun wrote:...On last visit I stop by to get a few items and go to the counter and see one of those
screws!
Funny you posted that...

I just saw a whole pull-out drawer of the same at a local hardware store the other day -- first time ever, that I've seen those screws with the black finish, head styles and unique gun threads that we commonly use for our "toys".

My wife likes gift shops... Me? I like hardware stores! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

m.wun wrote:
I asked about them and he says oh yah we have boxes of them in back if you need just ask to look.

Soooo, The People's Republic of Kalifornia has a waiting period for gun screws, now ? ? . ;)

m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

Lake Forest, south Orange Co.
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

We do get to hunt on Sundays also. Compared to back east, we have more open ground and public land to hunt. A lot
of BLM, national forests,deserts and agricultural land. Maybe I'll luck out with a big earthquake with a big exodus out of
the state.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

m.wun wrote:Lake Forest, south Orange Co.

Thanks. I drive by there regularly.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad