Got to handle a new "Colt" 1911 .22 this evening

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Got to handle a new "Colt" 1911 .22 this evening

Post by firefuzz »

Manufactured by Walther under license to Colt. Says Colt Gold Cup Trophy on one side, that and the basic shape and operating controls are the only thing similar to a 1911 about it. Think I'd rather have a Chiappa and save a couple of hundred bucks, and I don't care for Chiappa guns.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Got to handle a new "Colt" 1911 .22 this evening

Post by Stan in SC »

We got one in at the shop where I work part time and there has been absolutely NO interest in it. I have not had one person ask to look at it.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

have you handled the browning 85% .22 by way of comparison?

it's out in .380 too. I think it's very fine, but have not shot one.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Grizz wrote:have you handled the browning 85% .22 by way of comparison?

it's out in .380 too. I think it's very fine, but have not shot one.
I haven't. My buddy bought this one or I'd have probably never seen this one. The words "Gold Cup" disillusioned his eyes. The original designers of the Colt Gold Cup are either rolling in their graves or puking over this gun. They may shoot fine, but the words Gold Cup should have never been put on this gun.

I have an old 5" Browning Buckmark as my only stand alone .22 pistol, I am looking for another S&W Model 17 to accent my revolvers tho. I have Advantage Arms conversion kits for both my Glock 17's and 19's and a Ceiner conversion for my son's 1911. IHMO, having the same trigger pull maximizes the "same gun" principal of having a .22 for training. I also have two .22 LR conversions for the various AR's in my family. Money well spent.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
zack coyote
Levergunner 1.0

Post by zack coyote »

I bought mine and my wife's a couple of years ago, and we have enjoyed shooting them a lot. Mine says "Rail Gun" on it. It was expensive, but I like the name Colt. It's been reliable, but at the beginning I had to use CCI Mini Mags to get it broken in. Now it wil shoot the cheap stuff. It's not a real 1911, only in looks, but it's easy to clean, and keep working. I'm not the gun connoisseur many of you are, so I'm not picky. We have about 23 with levers from .22 to 45-70ingle actions from .22 up to .45 Colt, .367 mag DA's, and semi auto from .22 to .45ACP. The Colt 1911 .22's feel good, and shoot good.
We'll be remembered for what we've done, not what we have.
www.johndietzstudio.com
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
I have a Browning 1911-22 and a 1911-380.... Both are quality pieces...
I HAD a Chiappa 1911-22, it was no good, IMHO....
Cheaply made of some sort of cap gun material... Jammed a lot, etc...
Don't know anything about the Colt...

YMMV

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I had the Colt "rail gun" for a while, shot it maybe 500 rounds or so, never stuttered but it shot WAY high and I got tired of the 8 pound trigger so got rid of it.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I dunno - As much as I like 1911's, for a .380 I'd STILL rather keep my Browning Model 1955.

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I thought about buying one but got a Kimber kit to use on my Ruger SR1911. Cost is similar but better quality. Just don't get two guns out of the deal.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Pete44ru wrote:.

:mrgreen: Very Nice!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”