Just got back from vacation last weekend

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Just got back from vacation last weekend

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Last week we had a family reunion and moms b-day cruise......16 of us went
Das Boat ...Freedom of the Seas .....in Labadee Haiti.
The resort is owned by Royal Caribbean....surrounded by a high fence and guards with ARs
The resort in Haiti
Port in Jamaica has shops, shops, and more shops.....ladies loved that....
Pool bar at Jimmy Buffets Margarittaville
surrounding area of Falmouth Jamaica is aweful and very very poor
We also went to Grand Cayman....but the phome camera died....went boating and snorkeling very nice small island...
Next stop was Cozemel MX this is at the port.....same thing shops everywhere
Mayan ruins on the island
Royal palace.....this place was sort of a spa for women that are about to be married..
This is a sauna
Roofs to protect ruins......until a hurricane comes!
The Beach
Ship dining room
promenade on the ship
Grand staircase where formal pics were taken
two of the many lounges
One of three pools
Cruise was absolutely great...Won some money playing poker....
Food was excellent..gained 10 pounds...even though I worked out in the gym and walked around this ship about 50 times
But.......No more cruises....next vacation is out WEST!!! and Hunting..... Been trying to get to Montana for 30 years....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Just got back from vacation last weekend

Post by jeepnik »

Facility fenced and patrolled by AR toting guards. Heck, that sounds like the maximum security prison I did construction on.

Sorry, you all can keep your cruises. The ship is going too fast to troll, and now I find out they put you in jail when you hit port. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That ship makes the Queen Mary look low-budget. Amazing. I think I could enjoy that even though I'm a land lubber.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Nice..... :mrgreen:
I'm hoping to do Cuba one of these days....Bass fishing in the day, Cuba Libres, and some of the best Cubano/Afro/Salsa in the world.....(Belize is almost that good)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

BlaineG wrote:Nice..... :mrgreen:
I'm hoping to do Cuba one of these days....Bass fishing in the day, Cuba Libres, and some of the best Cubano/Afro/Salsa in the world.....(Belize is almost that good)

Man - that sounds good --- hopefully we can all get there before it gets too "Americanized" -- that is, before Jimmy Buffett and his minions move in and make everything just as expensive as going to Hawaii

After seeing the pics, i wanna go on one of those cruises too :) -- my Rita would love it, and i could tolerate working out, then hitting the bar at 3 in the afternoon :D
----- Doug
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

Sorry, not my idea of a Caribbean cruise. Everyone is entitled to his own dreams and visions and I wouldn't want to deny or unjustly criticize someone's dream trip although it does look rather nice. My idea of one is a windjammer cruise on a sailing ship. I always wanted to go on one but now that I could afford to go, age related ailments make it now impossible. I have read in a lot of places to travel while you are young and to budget the luxuries first within reason. I should have listened. Anyway it is too late to cry over split milk. At least I can still dream and I am glad you had a nice and memorable trip.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I've been on that boat on that same route. Really enjoyed it ... company way paying. I threw back quite a bit of caviar in that lounge you showed in the photo ... also on the company dime.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Very nice. Sounds like fun.

My son took a cruise to Haiti too. It was free but the accommodations weren't as nice. It was on a Coast Guard cutter but at least THEY were the ones with the guns guarding refugees they fished out of the water. :lol:
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:I've been on that boat on that same route. Really enjoyed it ... company way paying. I threw back quite a bit of caviar in that lounge you showed in the photo ... also on the company dime.
yeah its pretty darn nice....they wait on you hand and foot....
Always asking to get you something....
Dining room service was outstanding....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Went last week also, LIBERTY OF THE SEA, a sister ship to the one you were on. Left out of Bayonne NJ,stopped at Bermuda, St Marten, Puerto rico and Haiti. The promenade deck made me think I was in a mall.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

RIHMFIRE wrote:
Rimfire McNutjob wrote:I've been on that boat on that same route. Really enjoyed it ... company way paying. I threw back quite a bit of caviar in that lounge you showed in the photo ... also on the company dime.
yeah its pretty darn nice....they wait on you hand and foot....
Always asking to get you something....
Dining room service was outstanding....
Yeah, my wife and mother in law were in the SPA just about every day. That whole class of ship is really well done and the service is fantastic.

Good to hear that you had a great trip.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I must admit, I love cruising. My wife and kids are not the efficient weekly travelers and packer that I am. I like having my hotel take me from place to place, seeing all the neat places, then relaxing on the ship. It is said to be the perfect Mom's holiday - no rooms to clean, beds to make, food to prepare. It is, but it ain't half bad for the guys neither! :wink: