coming back from the dark side

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

coming back from the dark side

Post by JNG »

Years ago I started out with lever rifles. As time past, I went to semi and/or bolt rifles, though still having a lever or two around.
Well, I just got rid of my last bolt rifle (I still have my M-1, won't give that up) now all I have including shotguns are single shot or levers. I've come home!
Don't know why it took me so long and so much money! But I'm back.

Joe
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: coming back from the dark side

Post by AJMD429 »

JNG wrote:Years ago I started out with lever rifles. As time past, I went to semi and/or bolt rifles, though still having a lever or two around.
Well, I just got rid of my last bolt rifle (I still have my M-1, won't give that up) now all I have including shotguns are single shot or levers. I've come home!
Don't know why it took me so long and so much money! But I'm back.

Joe
Welcome back.

Actually, I think the funny little lever-thingie that pushes up the cartridge follower on a Garand counts as a "lever", so you are good. 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Read: reborn............ ;)

Welcome back ! . :)

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

You will be truly home when that M1 is converted to a real rifle ,either one with a lever or one that you load by pushing the bullet down the bore with a stick.
You are headed in the right direction though. There is hope for you yet. :D

A real levergunner won't admit to owning such a contraption as an M1. Just like I don't admit to owning an AR (let alone two of them. :oops:
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I haven't counted in a couple of years but most of what I own are lever or single shots. Latest thing is an original trapdoor in 45-70. Will probably be a black only thing.
I let my middle son have the M-1 as I had already gotten an FAL. Then I traded for an AR-15 but I still don't like it. Even with a scope on top and the 45 degree open sights on the side. Now it's getting heavy.
I find myself going to the woods with an 86 carbine, (shortened) in 45-70 as there has been a big black boar spotted on property that joins mine.
Any way, welcome back but join the real dark side; Black Powder!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

Welcome back...as you now understand; resistance is futile.
:wink:
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richardx »

Welcome back!

If you unsnap the rear of trigger guard on your M-1 and push it forward it will cock the hammer--it is a lever gun!
One of those crazy Army requirements for the first semi-auto rifle adopted was it had to have a secondary cocking mechanism rather than racking the op rod.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Better say some Hail Marys and Our Fathers.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Praise the Lord and hallelujah!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Richardx wrote:Welcome back!

If you unsnap the rear of trigger guard on your M-1 and push it forward it will cock the hammer--it is a lever gun!
One of those crazy Army requirements for the first semi-auto rifle adopted was it had to have a secondary cocking mechanism rather than racking the op rod.
Never knew that...! Gotta try that. Maybe make a fancy extended trigger guard to cock when using subsonicsubsonic loads or something... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "