Texas Hog Hunt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Texas Hog Hunt

Post by horsesoldier03 »

“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Texas Hog Hunt

Post by Grizz »

is there a u2ube copy? my box won't play that video and I don't have an account. I think it's miffed at my private browsing no cookie browser.

Grizz
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Sorry, cant find it on youtube.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

pretty cool.....pig roping compitition

but you guys get a five second penalty for the header...
and another five seconds for heeler.... :wink: :lol:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Dang that looks like fun!

Roped a deer once. It died before it got the rope tight. Heart attack? Who knows but we cooked some and you couldn't get a bite up to your mouth because of the awful smell.

I've known a couple of other guys who roped deer and got into perfect storms with the deer going around trees and under their horse until they had to cut the rope.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Woo Hoo, and the fun never ends! Good eating too.

I have read stories with pictures of cowboys chasing wild turkey on horseback and shooting them with pistols. Also, Zane Grey wrote of his roping cougars in his younger days, but it seemed they wanted to catch them alive and sell them, but most died during the capture; Imagine that. You have missed some good reading if you have not read his hunting and fishing stories.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

crs wrote:Woo Hoo, and the fun never ends! Good eating too.

I have read stories with pictures of cowboys chasing wild turkey on horseback and shooting them with pistols. Also, Zane Grey wrote of his roping cougars in his younger days, but it seemed they wanted to catch them alive and sell them, but most died during the capture; Imagine that. You have missed some good reading if you have not read his hunting and fishing stories.
Roping Lions in the Grand Canyon! I read that book as a teenager. I liked Zane Grey, and that was one of his few true stories. He mostly wrote made up stories, but they were good. He even used the real life episode of when Elmer Keith guided him and Grey's horse knocked him off into a river. Keith roped Grey and pulled him out. Grey later fictionaliced the situation and had the hero wade into the river to pull another character out.

I wonder what all Elmer Keith roped?
Bart Skelton wrote in one of his columns about a conversation with a young ranch hand who had tried to rope a javelina. It got away and caused the horse to start bucking. The ranch hand went back after the javelina later with a pistol because he was upset about the horse bucking while trying to get away from the angry pig.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I suspect those dogs were key and essential. Roping a hog without a catch dog would likely end up in a train wreck.
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

That guy must have pair of large ones and a death wish to boot. It kind of looks like fun but then I look at those tusks and think, no way. Even a small wild boar can do major damage to you. If I was 40 years younger I would just maybe give it a thought, although most people get to be old by avoiding life threatening situations if they can. I have survived enough of them that I did not go seeking. I do believe they need to be to aggressively hunted to control their population, they ruin a lot of habitat if in large numbers. I did like the video.