An apology to the board

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

An apology to the board

Post by jnyork »

I wish to apologize to the members of the board for posting my "Wyoming poachers" thread. I had no idea it would go south the way it did, becoming a urinating competition between a couple of irresponsible and ignorant loudmouths. This type of thing is entirely unbecoming to a board of this high caliber, I regret very much my inability to simple delete the entire thing.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Re: An apology to the board

Post by Charles »

I missed the entire thread and don't feel any kind of loss, but that "apology" seems to be an invitation for round 2.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

jnyork,

You have nothing to apologize for. You are not responsible for what other people post. You are only responsible for what you post. There was nothing wrong with your intentions or what you posted.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

J Miller wrote:jnyork,

You have nothing to apologize for. You are not responsible for what other people post. You are only responsible for what you post. There was nothing wrong with your intentions or what you posted.

Joe

+1
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

There's no need for an apology although I didn't read the thread either !

If you said whats on your mind in a relatively decent manner then so be it !

Heck thats partially whats wrong with this country now , everyone feels everything must be politically correct and not hurt someone who's not even from this countries feelings .

Screw it say what you feel and let it fall where it may !

D...a...m...n the torpedoes and full speed ahead :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I did not read it either.
Glad I did not, hate being involved in those things.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Thanks for the compliments. :lol: Bunch of thin-skinned old women...... :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

I saw it and declined to post.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Nope. I owe you thanks. I got to learn more how logical fallacies are used. Thanks!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I just re-read most of the original "Poachers..." thread. What seems to have happened is a couple hard heads got upset at each other and were completely unable to back down or just let it drop. Nothing to do with the origin of the post or the original poster, just a couple fellers with a dire "need" to be right...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

There is no way to control thread development. There will always be differences and strong commitment to those ideas. As a hunter the original thread was encouraging. Poachers are the worst of our group, hunters.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Threads sometimes take tangents, just because any one interesting story has several components to consider in relation to the stated subject.

IMO, everyone posted a valid concern, and several of my own opinions were expressed by different members of the forum.

To the subject, I don't necessarily despise all 'poachers', but the thrill-killers and out-of-season trophy-hunters truly are the bane of our sport.

I used to feel that all 'poachers' belonged in the same despicable bag, but someone with better sense helped me to understand the difference.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

mikld wrote:I just re-read most of the original "Poachers..." thread. What seems to have happened is a couple hard heads got upset at each other and were completely unable to back down or just let it drop. Nothing to do with the origin of the post or the original poster, just a couple fellers with a dire "need" to be right...
I disagree. Show me where OI was upset with BrentD. I don't see it. His logic seems to be sound and he never resorted to personal attacks.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

FWiedner wrote: I used to feel that all 'poachers' belonged in the same despicable bag, but someone with better sense helped me to understand the difference.
There can be many angles to consider in looking at any crime. After i was injured, in times when I had no food for my children, I learned a bit about desperation. I got a new perspective on what might drive some people to steal, and while I did not steal, I would look at a thief differently now if they were in that situation than if they were stealing to support a drug habit, or to pawn my guns or tools to buy a new boat or something.
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

No need for an apology, that thread going south was nothing whatsoever to do with your posts.

If those guys had wanted to do it right, they could have gone off to the political forum and debated the subject there. Ironically, it seems easier to have a thread locked up over there than over here! :lol:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

However unnecessary, your apology is accepted... as far I'm concerned, other members of the board will have to speak up for themselves. I read the thread... and while the original post and a few comments were enlightening and heartening... you're in no way responsible for the drift threads sometimes undergo.

I have a "smilie" for same:

I've found on this and several other forums that it's often useful to remember that you'll seldom change an opinion when you're "discussing" a subject with a
It rarely takes very long to recognize them. Discussions can get quite heated when there are TWO of them in the discussion.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

I think it's a hoot. :lol:
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

While I didn't see the thread I can remember innocently stating an opinion or two that became - shall we say - noteworthy !
During electric conversations one has little imagination of what buttons might be pushed.
Bash on.

Gosh I love this place.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Canuck Bob wrote:There is no way to control thread development. There will always be differences and strong commitment to those ideas. As a hunter the original thread was encouraging. Poachers are the worst of our group, hunters.
Well said! :D

No apologies needed for sure!