Need a little info

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Yance
Levergunner 2.0

Need a little info

Post by Yance »

Anyone here a CA 01 FFL?

Reason I ask is that I "may" need to ship a Colt 1908 Vest Pocket to TPRK and need to know what I have to do on my end.

I DO know that ANY firearm, long or short coming into CA must go through a 01 FFL. From there it's between that dealer and the buyer.

TIA
Yance

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

outawaysforge.wordpress.com

"Gun control" isn't about guns, it's about "control".
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Need a little info

Post by Griff »

I'd go thru Gunbroker's "Find a Dealer" for one near where you're shipping it and ask... unless someone here speaks up.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Yance wrote:
I "may" need to ship a Colt 1908 Vest Pocket to TPRK and need to know what I have to do on my end.

IMO you're most likely going to have to fahgettaboutit - that 1908 Colt is not listed on Kali's "approved for sale" Colt handgun listing as of this month (PRC's DOJ officials drop/add guns & update the listings fairly often).

The listings are supposedly about Kali's (only) safety testing, and only guns that pass can be listed.

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp

There are other states with similar listings & restrictions - Massachussetts comes to mind first, after Kali.

Yance
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Yance »

Their list is for "modern" handguns. This quote is from their search page.

"Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement."
Yance

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

outawaysforge.wordpress.com

"Gun control" isn't about guns, it's about "control".
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

You should be OK with the Colt. Where are you shipping it to? I know a couple of good FFLs here in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley area.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

You don't HAVE to ship a gun to Kal. Sell it to someone in another state. Nothing personal to the guys in California but I will not do business with anyone from a Communist state.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Sixgun wrote:You don't HAVE to ship a gun to Kal. Sell it to someone in another state. Nothing personal to the guys in California but I will not do business with anyone from a Communist state.-----6
The anti gunners obviously love you for that. You are making their lives so much easier.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BrentD wrote:
Sixgun wrote:You don't HAVE to ship a gun to Kal. Sell it to someone in another state. Nothing personal to the guys in California but I will not do business with anyone from a Communist state.-----6
The anti gunners obviously love you for that. You are making their lives so much easier.
That's the perennial question in terms of ethics and tactics - do you do business with 'holdouts' in anti-gun environments, or do you shun them because they've failed to throw out the political bums they have sacrificed their freedom to.

I will do business with individuals in 'anti-gun' environments, IF and only if, they have proven themselves to be exhibiting serious efforts to thwart the anti-gunners. Of course that is very subjective, but it's the best I can come up with.

I also am fortunate enough to have a job and lifestyle that enables me to just "not go" anyplace that I can't a) carry a loaded handgun, and/or b) park a long-bed pickup truck. 8)

P.S. - and if attire other than something I can purchase at Rural King or Tractor Supply is mandatory, I'll probably skip the event, unless it is a wedding or funeral. :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

BrentD wrote:

Brent,
I have not been to New Jersey since 1978 because of their politics. I was pulled over for doing 61 in a 55 mph zone and the fine was $75 plus $25 court costs. This was in 1978 when I was grossing about $200 a week.

I load trucks for a living and every tractor trailer driver tells me there are cops on every corner doing whatever they can to pull them over so they can levy some sort of a fine on them. Half the people from New Jersey have their hands out waiting for their " free pelosi" and the government gets the money to give to the subhumans from working class folk. I live maybe 20 miles from NJ. There are some people I work with who live in New Jersey and they pay 5-7 thousand dollars a year in real estate taxes for 4 room bungalows.

Every state that has these politics also has a large population of people who sit back and wait for their "free pelosi".

I will do zero business in states like CA., NJ., MD., and NY

Go look at the nationwide list for gunshows. There are zero entries for the state of NJ.

I wonder why many business's are leaving California and N.Y. for Texas and other free states. If Pennsylvania gets like that, I'll move to North Dakota. The people who like their F.S. are the same kind of people who cannot take the cold weather. The outlook for the northern states is pretty good. :D ---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Sorry to see you would not do any business with me.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

BrentD wrote:
+1 from volunteer war vet, church volunteer, non-Welfare recipient, staunch NRA member and handloader held captive in California (Loved ones and family)
Thanks for the Berlin Air Lift (not).
Look at the states that surround you, and then:
Stand by - the same laws will come to your state soon. I can think of at least one state where its smug denizens are now crying the blues because the gun laws have changed.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Some of you seem to think EVERYBODY from your list of exclusion States is a anti gun liberal, or (add your own adjective) :roll:
Nice support guys, Not everyone can leave, and we still have just one vote, Here in most of the N.East we have been out numbered out voted, and under increased scrutiny. Even when some DO leave, they have to put up with the "You ain't from around here" syndrome.

Be glad you live where you do and Thanks for throwing us under the bus.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Yance wrote:Their list is for "modern" handguns. This quote is from their search page.

"Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement."
Do your transfer before Jan 1 of next year. It's very possible (hey he wasn't called Moonbeam for nothing) a bill on the governor's desk will change things.

But basically as mentioned, ship it to a CA FFL. They will hold it until all the paper work and wait time is over then release it to the buyer. You might want to make sure the buyer has a handgun safety certificate (needed to purchase a handgun in this state) and is otherwise legally allowed to own handguns. Also, what ever FFL you use, make sure you know exactly what all this is going to cost. Some are flat rip off artist when it comes to out of state transfers.

You might post where it's being shipped and those of us here may be able to suggest good FFL's to deal with.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

jeepnik wrote:...You might want to make sure the buyer has a handgun safety certificate (needed to purchase a handgun in this state) and is otherwise legally allowed to own handguns. Also, what ever FFL you use, make sure you know exactly what all this is going to cost. Some are flat rip off artist when it comes to out of state transfers.

You might post where it's being shipped and those of us here may be able to suggest good FFL's to deal with.
Great advice. Or, if the buyer isn't too keen on disclosing his location here, ask him to do the research in his area (through gun clubs, shooting buddies, or the like).