wal mart

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

wal mart

Post by Mescalero »

Was at wal mart, dropped by sporting goods.
CCI stingers, 50 to a box,3 boxes maximum, $6.47 per 50.
So three boxes for $21.02
I could see the master boxes in the garbage, where they had just put them out.
Remember day and time.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: wal mart

Post by Sixgun »

Howdy Mescaline, I was wondering where you were. All this time waiting in line to buy 3 boxes of 50 for $22 smackers? In that amount of time, you could have jumped on an econo flight to Philly, where I would have picked you up (for a small nominal fee) and from there for a few shots of tequila and down to Targetmaster where for a few dollars more than you paid, we would get you a whole case of factory fresh Mini-Mags. And I STILL would have let you keep the the Willy's!----6

In another 2 months, it will be back to normal

I know you hate this pic.
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:I know you hate this pic.
I don't. I haven't shot that many .22s in my whole life. Sure don't plan on needin' that many during the 67 years I got left! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I love that pic!
I hate the fact it's not in my house.
I hope so six, that is why I was excited, that's the first LR I have seen there in two years.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Mescalero wrote:I love that pic!
I hate the fact it's not in my house.
I hope so six, that is why I was excited, that's the first LR I have seen there in two years.
I agree on all fronts...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I haven't seen .22 in Wally World here for a while.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Still none to be found up here either.

My buddy Six hooked me up for a couple bricks when I was down there for a visit though. :D

That's more .22's than I've seen in one place up here in a year and a half. :(
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote:Still none to be found up here either.

My buddy Six hooked me up for a couple bricks when I was down there for a visit though. :D

Old Win,
Don't fret...shoot those babies up.....Anybody who takes the time to pay ole Sixgun a visit is entitled to more. Secret..........I was told that there "might" be a quantity sale coming up........as in cases. Your 1st on the list!-----------------------6
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

And me?
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

If you're just walking by and looking, it doesn't mean wal mart hasn't had any 22's. The afternoon people say they rarely see them, and some will say they haven't had any in, which is not correct. They put them out in the morning now for some reason, but they get them in a couple times a week, they just sell out in 20 mins to a couple hours. One sporting goods person said they had 20-some thousand rds of 22's in one shipment and they were gone by noon.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

This was about noon, I just walked by and saw the master cartons in the trash.
They had just put them out.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I found out recently that you need to ask.

Was bobtailing back from a delivery on the north side of Cedar Rapids, Ia. and wandered into Walmart while taking my DOT 30 min. break. They had no .22 on the shelves and the young man working in sporting goods just happened to be at the counter. I commented that as usual there were no .22's. He said actually they did have, offered me either the same as mentioned above, or 225 bulk pack of Remingtons. I took the Remingtons as contrary to somewhat common opinion they shoot fine in most of my guns and with few duds. I asked about the high price of the CCI's and he said they (CCI) had a recent price increase on everything and that Wally's computers handle the markup and pricing. Pretty much what I knew from my days hauling Walmart groceries. Local store folks have little to no control over inventory or pricing.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote:
OldWin wrote:Still none to be found up here either.

Old Win,
Don't fret...shoot those babies up.....Anybody who takes the time to pay ole Sixgun a visit is entitled to more. Secret..........I was told that there "might" be a quantity sale coming up........as in cases. Your 1st on the list!-----------------------6
Thanks Jack!
I really appreciate it bud. You know, my son and I had a blast visiting with you and seeing your friends place. Having you come through for ole Jay was just icing on the cake. I won't forget what you did for me.
You're a good guy...........it wouldn't even matter if you didn't have all those cool Winchesters! :D

I just got back from doing a little wheelin with the Jeep. Cool beans! :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mescalero wrote:And me?
I strongly suspect your holding out on me. I really think you have several thousand stashed away and am just hoarding. :D

I just got back from Targetmaster and "the man" took me on a little tour, checking out his recent deliveries....oh man....for real............50 cases of Remington, Federal, and CCI "choot em". I asked if he was going to put them out for sale and he says "Na! I like looking at them, I know they would sell out in minutes, but if they were put out and then sold, people would not come back. This way I keep them coming back every day or two just to see if I put them out for sale".

He says the suspense is killing his customers as no one wants to miss out if they go out for sale.....so............they keep dropping by......and sometimes they buy something else while they are there. :D -------6
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Well, yes.
What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Gotta admit, he's a smart business man.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mescalero wrote:Well, yes.
What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?
It don't have nothing to do with the price of tea in California. I saved you today, by the way. A fellow shooter at the gun club, upon seeing my score, asked me what kind of .22 ammo I was using. I showed him the CCI Mini Mag and asked me for some. I laughed, telling him there is a guy in New Mexico that has first dibs. Then I told him to "get a job" and laughed some more. Then I felt bad and GAVE him 15 rounds, to which he told me he will be eternally grateful. SEE? It's important to beat a guy down real good and then give in to him......just a little......and he will be happy.

Does all that make sense on how I helped you? :D

On a serious note, those CCI .22's got me the best score at the silhouette match that I have ever had in 9 years. For real. I shot a 35 and that is a master class score. The USA national champion, who shoots at our club from time to time came up and shook my hand. My head was bigger than a watermelon the rest of the day and probably led to so-so scores on the last two matches.

I was using the case colored .22 Marlin. Everybody wanted that gun too but I won't get into that.----6
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

No, but the winning part does.
I have to really control myself after a win, or subsequent scores reflect it.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Congrats Six. That's some good shootin.

I have a bunch of .22 rifles and handguns. Some like one brand, some like another, sometimes it changes by lots.
The CCI Mini Mags are the most consistent .22's over a wide range of guns I've found. Usually, if the gun is going to shoot well with anything, it will be CCI.
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

If all this .22 is supposedly being produced and sold and if very few people are shooting it there must be one humongous pile of it somewhere. I have over 5,000 rounds of it and I have not shot or bought any in the last 2 years. Bought 7.62x54R, .32 auto, .32 S&W & .32 S&W long, 7.62 Nagant, .38 S&W, .43 Spanish and 9 mm in the last two years but no .22. Inquiring minds want to know although I can shoot my black powder .32, .36 & .44 for less than the cost of buying .22 if I could find it.