Pretty darn bright. very surprised.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Pretty darn bright. very surprised.

Post by madman4570 »

Brother stopped up and handed me one of these.
Said try it compared to your Big LED Maglite or that LED Mini-Mag

Tasco XR5 250

Wow :shock:
Holy cow is this thing bright. Beats my other two.
Only thing he said it is just so so on the battery life, course 250 lums out of couple AAA batteries what do you expect? 2 cell mini-mag LED wins in that arena for just general use.But having one of these in pocket where you hear that noise?? sweet.

Lets just put it this way at night taking dogs out, I am grabbing this Tasco. (neighbor had a bear break his truck cap back hatch two nights ago squeeze in and eat 25lbs of bird seed)
3 button push changes from BRIGHT/conserve battery dimmer light/strobe.

Seems pretty rugged too?

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/led-flashl ... 1770317.ip
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Pretty darn bright. very surprised.

Post by Sixgun »

Mad Dog 20/20,
You wanna see bright.....check this baby out. I keep it in a holster on my bed post. 500 lumens. It
lights up the pasture out back.....could only imagine what it would do to a perpetrator's eyes. I've been told it will permanently blind people----6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

It won't permanently blind people, but it will make people think they're potentially being abducted by aliens..... :)

Sergeant I was riding out with from a nearby department used one of those while I had a (130 lumen) Surefire E2D. Mine got their attention, his Fury blew their little minds.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

How much and how does the battery life hold up.(actually given what it does, who cares)
What is the model# Surefire is the mfg?
I want one! :mrgreen:
For that size, that is insane :D

Boy, you don't like junk do ya! :mrgreen:

I was thinking this one earlier today as a gift back to bro?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTxdidaMuw

Torture test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbzHO0gBGjs
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

this is machined from a piece of solid stainless; heavy but fits in pocket. i carry it always. in high output mode it puts out an honest 900 lumens -- do not look at it directly ! uses a single 3 volt lithium battery.

we gave these out as stocking stuffers to all family members [ teenagers and adults ] most of them carry it daily, in pocket or purse.
cable
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Red Line has a 500 that a fella can set to strobe mode before you even turn it on....my cheaper, 250 Red Line has to be turned on, then cycled through several settings before coming to strobe....It's nearly a hundred bucks :o :shock: :lol: WTH, it's only money.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mr Murphy got it right. Mine is a Sure Fire "fury". It's takes these little batteries that are good for 2 hours of run time. I just took a pic out back and the picture does not show the full power of one of these lights. I got the holder that will hold this light to my Colt AR but I find the light is better right on my bedpost. It really turns the night into day.----6.

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

For Christmas my wife got me a Halo by Rigid. 800 lumens and it fits in the leg pocket of my overalls. Great when I'm out with the Walker dogs.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Check out your Wal Mart. There are a couple of Coleman lights that are about the size of a 3 D Cell MagLight that put out 500 lumens or more, the price differs between power, but the 500 lumen model is about $30 or so. It lights up the night, too. Before Christmas, Home Depot had some 600 lumen lights that used 3 C cell batteries, and they are painfully bright. I have one beside my bed. If I hear a bump in the night that doesn't sound normal, I will put enough light on the situation to see if it needs shot or not.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I keep an old Surefire G2LED on my nightstand. Its not as bright as some of you guys light cannons but it does ok and has a 12 hour run time. I've also got a Streamlight TLR on the rail of a Glock 21 on the same nightstand.

Hey Six,
Do I see what appears to be an SKS barrel hanging down into the picture with a stripper clip of ammo tucked in the front sight?
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Hey Six,
Do I see what appears to be an SKS barrel hanging down into the picture with a stripper clip of ammo tucked in the front sight?
Jay,
Yep, you got good eyes. I trust those SKS's more than I do an AR. Forgot how many I put through that one and a Russian one I keep in another part of the house. The one on the wall has 18 in the mag and a stripper with 10 more. Then there's the high cap 9 with Black Talons, a shotgun and a few more handguns.

Nope! I ain't paranoid. :D -----------6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote:
OldWin wrote: Hey Six,
Jay,
Yep, you got good eyes. I trust those SKS's more than I do an AR. Forgot how many I put through that one and a Russian one I keep in another part of the house. The one on the wall has 18 in the mag and a stripper with 10 more. Then there's the high cap 9 with Black Talons, a shotgun and a few more handguns.

Nope! I ain't paranoid. :D -----------6
Haha! What do I win for a prize? I'm with you though. I don't even own an AR anymore. An SKS is a workin tool for sure.
You're not paranoid..... just careful. :roll:
My house is small but have my Glock 21, my wife has two j-frames, and I keep a couple rifle mags topped up and next to the rifles. Just careful dude.......careful.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

hfcable wrote:this is machined from a piece of solid stainless; heavy but fits in pocket. i carry it always. in high output mode it puts out an honest 900 lumens -- do not look at it directly ! uses a single 3 volt lithium battery.

we gave these out as stocking stuffers to all family members [ teenagers and adults ] most of them carry it daily, in pocket or purse.
I think I missed something. What is the brand name/model of that light?
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper