A New York Compliant EBR

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

A New York Compliant EBR

Post by Blaine »

Just a 10 round mag......(I can't remember if this has been shown here or not)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: A New York Compliant EBR

Post by AJMD429 »

That gun is three things:
  • 1. A testimony to the INGENUITY and CREATIVITY of man, when it comes to getting around both mechanical realities and stupid, arbitrary 'rules' invented by other men. and

2. A testimony to how STUPID men are, in that they actually elect people like that, and endow them with the power to make rules like that, and

3. A testimony to how NONVIOLENT men are, in that they haven't physically removed any and all of the legislators and/or police from office who support such laws.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

AJMD429 wrote:
3. A testimony to how NONVIOLENT men are, in that they haven't physically removed any and all of the legislators and/or police from office who support such laws.
Yet.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jnyork wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:
Yet.
Violence would prove their point, at least temporarily. The re-calls in CO were effective, and have anti-gun pols "stuffing" in their pants.....Having said that, I'll be dead after they kick in my door...I won't put up with that.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

It's not a bad looking piece of hardware.

Easily 'restored' or enhanced if needs be.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote:It's not a bad looking piece of hardware.

Easily 'restored' or enhanced if needs be.

:)
I think that's a dedicated mag.....No Hi-Cap available :evil:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

There have been a few " compliant " versions I've heard about. I think that the " low capacity mag " in the picture is just standard issue for to comply with current nys laws.
Phil
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

A Stag Arms compliant version, IIRC. I think ALL the mfgr's should "RECALL" all "non-compliant arms from the LE agencies & NYS Nat'l Guard units that've purchased from them and replace them with a "compliant" version.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Griff wrote:A Stag Arms compliant version, IIRC. I think ALL the mfgr's should "RECALL" all "non-compliant arms from the LE agencies & NYS Nat'l Guard units that've purchased from them and replace them with a "compliant" version.
I think that the citizens of New York ought to crowd their legislature up against a statehouse wall and see if these reduced capacity sporting arms work as well as standard capacity arms.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There is a fellow near me in Tampa named Mark Serbu who owns Serbu Firearms. He makes a semi auto .50 cal that he sells. A while back NYPD wanted to buy one of his .50s for their SWAT team. Mark refused the sale. He said he wouldn't sell one of his rifles to any agency in a state where a private citizen couldn't own one.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'd rather have a 94 carbine.

Of course, in another year or so that will be an assault rifle in New Yorkistan.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

FWiedner wrote:
Griff wrote:A Stag Arms compliant version, IIRC. I think ALL the mfgr's should "RECALL" all "non-compliant arms from the LE agencies & NYS Nat'l Guard units that've purchased from them and replace them with a "compliant" version.
I think that the citizens of New York ought to crowd their legislature up against a statehouse wall and see if these reduced capacity sporting arms work as well as standard capacity arms.

Fred,

I can tell you given the new laws on the books your statement above could land you in big trouble,even if you live in another State.Homeland Security has its latest laws that deal with just as such. To post that even if you were joking and on a public forum leaves me with some serious questions about your present mental status ??
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Rusty wrote:There is a fellow near me in Tampa named Mark Serbu who owns Serbu Firearms. He makes a semi auto .50 cal that he sells. A while back NYPD wanted to buy one of his .50s for their SWAT team. Mark refused the sale. He said he wouldn't sell one of his rifles to any agency in a state where a private citizen couldn't own one.
Good for him. I agree, the Police and National Guard (and other State Agencies) should not be allowed to own anything that a private citizen is not allowed to own. Well, I could back off from the field artillery just due to the range it can be fired at. Most citizens do not have the access to enough land for one of those.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

There are 5 things on this gun, possibly 6, maybe even 7, that are now illegal in NY. :roll:

The sad part is, if they really wanted to stick it to you for those mags they probably could. Take the bases of them off and tape them together butt to butt, and you've got a 26-28 round magazine. Bad law, badly written.
Slow is just slow.
Treeman72
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Treeman72 »

Hail Yorkistan! I sadly live here. My local fun store has a couple of those modified ARs in stock. $1050 give or take.

The mags are removable, so you could throw in a 30 round if you had one (felony).

On the bright side, I got 1000 rounds of 22 from that store before the mob cleared the shelves of it!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote:Good for him. I agree, the Police and National Guard (and other State Agencies) should not be allowed to own anything that a private citizen is not allowed to own. Well, I could back off from the field artillery just due to the range it can be fired at. Most citizens do not have the access to enough land for one of those.
Well, if the 'ordinary citizen' were able to possess 'shoulder-fired arms', and the cannons and artillery and rockets and tanks and stuff were kept 'collectively' by the 'ordinary citizen' in local armories, under their collective and local authority, like the original National Guard, that would be a good recipe for a strong, stable, society. Unfortunately, the National Guard has become federalized, so is essentially the antithesis of the 'organized militia' it once served as. 'Gun Control' is now threatening to do the same to the 'unorganized militia'.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

madman4570 wrote:
FWiedner wrote:

Fred,

I can tell you given the new laws on the books your statement above could land you in big trouble,even if you live in another State.Homeland Security has its latest laws that deal with just as such. To post that even if you were joking and on a public forum leaves me with some serious questions about your present mental status ??

Any legislature that would attempt to promulgate or enforce such a law simply is staging itself for a fight in high court.

Ever heard of the First Amendment?

A law that is abhorent to the Constitution is nullified at it's inception.

Go ahead and wave your thug buddies around like a flag. Dictate to me about what opinions I am permitted to have and express under your thug laws.

(Sorry, I just can't think of anything more respectful to your remark to close with)

:wink:
Last edited by FWiedner on Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote::idea:
madman4570 wrote:
FWiedner wrote:

Fred,

Any legislature that would attempt to promulgate or enforce such a law simply is staging itself for a fight in high court.

Ever heard of the First Amendment?

A law that is abhorent to the Constitution is nullified at it's inception.

Go ahead and wave your thug buddies around like a flag. Dictate to me about what opinions I am permitted to have and express under your thug laws.

**** you and the horse you rode in on.

:wink:
Here, here. :)

Geez, Madman, just turn in all your firearms and be done with all your worrying. Them knives with pointy tips, too...they are next. :roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Thing needs to be painted pink, will appeal more to the liberal mindset, wont be an EBR any more. :roll:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jnyork wrote:Thing needs to be painted pink, will appeal more to the liberal mindset, wont be an EBR any more.
Nope, it would be. . . an EPR. . . :o :o :o

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Sorry, Madman.

My beef probably isn't with you, so I regret the flippant and perhaps insulting personal remark. It was bad form. You've brought a great deal to the board and your input on the subject is appreciated, whether I tend to agree or not. More and different input is generally good, and serves all who consider the ideas put forth, for better or worse.

While my response was inappropiately expressed in this forum, it was not a knee jerk reaction.

I have a true and deep seated contempt for entities and people who believe that they are in the right to tell people to hold their tougue or have the Nazis sent to their door.

:|

7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

cas wrote:ImageThe sad part is, if they really wanted to stick it to you for those mags they probably could. Take the bases of them off and tape them together butt to butt, and you've got a 26-28 round magazine. Bad law, badly written.
The laws clearly mention continuous feeding.

If they go so far to ban these magazines because you could somehow fabricate a 26 or 28 round magazine out of their parts, then they will have to make sheet metal, polymer, and wire spring stock illegal because magazines could be fabricated from that stuff. They would have to ban every magazine in existence.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

jnyork wrote:Thing needs to be painted pink, will appeal more to the liberal mindset, wont be an EBR any more. :roll:
They hate brightly colored weapons more than anything.