OT- Religion - Muslims turn to Christ

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

OT- Religion - Muslims turn to Christ

Post by AmBraCol »

Funny thing is, it's not happening by force whereas those who seek to stem the tide do so with force. "Come let us reason together, says the Lord." Anyway, with no further commentary, here's a report from folks who've definitely got their "boots on the ground"...

MUSLIMS TURN TO CHRIST

Death Penalty for Converts Threatened in Iran

The Majlis (parliament) in Tehran are discussing a law to mandate the death penalty for anyone born to Muslim parents who decides to convert to another faith. Currently converts to Christianity in Iran face arrest and years in prison.

However, a wave of enthusiastic conversions to Christianity have dismayed Muslim leaders and led to the demand that Mohammad’s dictum to kill “apostatesâ€
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

This might be taking it a little too far, but Jesus just could be our "secret weapon" in the war on the Islamofascist terrorists. What a contrast between the two religions...........one being willing to murder its own adherants, (sic?) in the course of achieving its goals. jd45
Kismet
Levergunner 2.0
Location: New Hampshire (wishing I could move back West, darn women)

Post by Kismet »

jd45 wrote:This might be taking it a little too far, but Jesus just could be our "secret weapon" in the war on the Islamofascist terrorists. What a contrast between the two religions...........one being willing to murder its own adherants, (sic?) in the course of achieving its goals. jd45
JD - While I may not agree with how some Christians practice their religion, I don't think your concept is taking it too far. This war against extremism will eventually be won by ideas, whether it is religious ideas or democratic ideas (personal freedom).

If anyone has chance to read "Three Cups of Tea" I would highly recommend it. I don't think it is political, though some of you may see some of that embedded in the book by its nature. The basic story is about a climber (circa 1991) in Pakistan that ends up lost after descending from K2, wanders into a village, and begins making some very personal connections with the people there. He eventually raises money here in the US and begins building schools (and some other community projects) in villages that otherwise have no access to education. What it really focuses on is how the education of children (particularly girls) makes huge steps in preventing extremism.

Michael in NH
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT- Religion - Muslims turn to Christ

Post by Ysabel Kid »

[quote="AmBraCol"] A leading Saudi Arabian Muslim leader Sheikh Ahmad al Qatanni reported on al-Jazeera TV that every day “16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity!â€
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Michael, I also disagree with the way some of my fellow Christians practice their religion, as you said, but that may be a subject for another thread. The point you & Ysabel Kid bring up that I wholeheartedly agree with is that these extremists are not willing to trust the individual to enter the marketplace of ideas & decide for themselves what they want to believe. They are using a religion, and a false one I might add, to enslave people, not liberate them, & anyone who is intellectually honest has to admit that. jd45
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

From the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights...
Article 18
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
How could an nation that is a member of the UN, do this and get away with it? Are they not required to comply with Universal Declaration of the UN?
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Gary, the articles are apparently NOT enforced. The U.N. is a joke, as a world-body, IMHO. But it is a good point you brought up..........their hippocracy. jd45
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

When the majority of countries represented are Muslim I doubt you would ever get them to stand up in favor of human rights.

I know a pastor that just got back from the other side of the world. While he was there he said the only way they could share their faith was to go to a public place and leave a Bible there. He said people would see it and pick it up. Anyone who is seen even talking to a Christian can be at risk in a lot of countries.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Thanks very much for posting this. I have wondered when I would hear this. It's something all believers can pray about, and we can pray with the ex-muslims too, who will not be treated kindly until they arrive in Heaven.

Grizz
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

It is always good to hear that Jesus is on the job. :D

Myself being only human and sometimes narrow minded at that did not think
to consider that this approach would work. I had assumed the average muslim
was beyond reach of the love of Christ. Let me rephrase that, incapable of
wanting to turn to the love of Christ. No one is beyond his reach if they but
ask for his love.

Despite what a lot of folks may say, I believe Judeo-Christian beliefs and
practices are responsible for MOST if not all of the good things in this world.

Just goes to show ya that "freedom of religion" is an idea that knows no bounds.

God bless them for wanting a better future here on earth and for all eternity.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

I think I am starting to understand what a Troll is...???

Are They someone who has an 'axe to grind ' , knickers pulled up to tight,
tries to ' stir the pot' ; just a negative person all around with nothing postive to say.
Alway injections himself into a positive post with a bunch of totall 'BS '
in an effort to dilute the original intent and to further his agenda.

One who knows , if he were to start a negative post, no one would
respond, he would be ignored. ????
WDGF
Levergunner

Re: OT- Religion - Muslims turn to Christ

Post by WDGF »

And yet, it's always America that is so often lambasted as the "great oppressor." I wonder how much the way we've positively conducted ourselves in Iraq has helped the people in the region find courage to decide for themselves what their own beliefs should be?
Ysabel Kid wrote:One of the main principles I use when judging political ideas - and the politicians advocating them, is simple: "if the matter/issue/decision was a choice, would people voluntarily chose it?" The weaker side in that question never wants to give people a choice, as they will almost always choice the better.
From lightbulbs to home-schooling, this just flat-out works on so many levels.
WDGF
Member: NRA, TSRA, GOA & SAF

Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

My denomination recently sent a missionary to "Dearbornistan", Michigan, to minister to the Muslim population there, and he has met with great success thus far. Fortunately, in this country at least he doesn't have to worry about the government killing him or his converts.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

just had a missionary woman that our church sponsors talk this morning at service. WOW what an amazing story. She is a single, white, christian missionary doing her work in a muslim nation and she brought stories of some 20 muslims converted in the last year. Such courage and faith and love of God! I have not witnessed such in my life time. What a fascinating woman serving God's kingdom.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I think what we could be seeing here is that the Christians in those countries really, really "walk their talk" and there is simply no way for the Muslims to ingore their steadfast faith. Actions speak louder than words, and are far more inspiring. Thanks for posting that Paul.

-Tutt