sad day

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

sad day

Post by Mescalero »

Nelson Mandela has taken the journey.
Water fall from eyes.
Your path will be lighted.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Re: sad day

Post by wvfarrier »

It's sad but was long time coming. May he find peace
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Can't say I agreed with all of his politics, but he was a man to recon with. I doubt his kind will be seen again for many a generation.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Reckon he saved??????
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

One less Marxist / Communist?

Jailed for terrorist acts. (Fire bombing a railway station was it not?) Kept in jail so he couldn't lead a Marxist revolution. Revisionist history made everyone fall in love with him.
Last edited by cas on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slow is just slow.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Uhm yeah .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

A great man. Many will disparage him, but he had courage and vision and he made it count. I can name no living person that is his equal.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Everybody has a political point of view.

I can't say that I agreed with his stance from his earlier life, but I didn't walk in his shoes.

After years of prison and persecution, he changed the world for the better, peacefully.

His nation is at peace and prospering, and benefitted greatly because he passed their way.

He was a leader to his people.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Some men read history, and a few make it. He made history. May he Rest In Peace.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Mescalero wrote:Nelson Mandela has taken the journey.
Water fall from eyes.
Your path will be lighted.
Don`t know much about him so won`t comment but will say prayers up for you pard for your sad feelings.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

When he was elected president, he did not throw the white citizens under the bus.
He also served 1 term as pres. breaking the tradition of African rulers declaring themselves " president for life "
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

He had to be president - he was the only one left - they killed Stephen Biko in protective custody.
I was young enough then that I was about ready to take a gun to South Africa.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

FWiedner wrote:Everybody has a political point of view.

I can't say that I agreed with his stance from his earlier life, but I didn't walk in his shoes.

After years of prison and persecution, he changed the world for the better, peacefully.

His nation is at peace and prospering, and benefitted greatly because he passed their way.

He was a leader to his people.

:|
I agree with these well spoken thoughts.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I have a hard time getting past how the ANC necklaced their own people for disagreeing with them :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

BlaineG wrote:I have a hard time getting past how the ANC necklaced their own people for disagreeing with them :(

+1
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

As Blaine mentioned the ANC (African national Congress) was not exactly a timid organization. But some place all the blame on Winnie Mandela, Nelson’s, ex-wife for the violence. Per Wikipedia and from I remember reading in the 1980’s, she endorsed “necklacing”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie_Madikizela-Mandela

Interesting though is that the South African Truth and Reconciliation Commission – founded by Nleson Mandela when he South Africa’s President -- found:
“….Ms Winnie Madikizela Mandela politically and morally accountable for the gross violations of human rights", concluding that she had personally been responsible for the murder, torture, abduction and assault of numerous men, women and children, as well as indirectly responsible for even larger number of such crimes.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie_Madikizela-Mandela

Now how much of this did Nelson Mandela know of or endorse, is debatable. But as for Nelson M., seems that he was not known to shun violence or the communists either:
“Although initially committed to non-violent protest, he co-founded the militant Umkhonto we Sizwe (MK) in 1961 in association with the South African Communist Party, leading a sabotage campaign against the apartheid government. In 1962 he was arrested, convicted of conspiracy to overthrow the government, and sentenced to life imprisonment in the Rivonia Trial.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela

And his "legacy" might be up for differing interpretations. While it is a leading nation among the African nations,

As of 2010, South Africana economy #101 in the world at approx. $10,500 per capita
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_g ... per-capita

South African homicides by firearms #2 in the world
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_g ... s-firearms

South African per cent of population living in poverty: 50%
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_p ... verty-line

South African public as a per cent of GDP: 33%
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_p ... ublic-debt
(US public debt is 58%)

South African life expectancy: 49.3 years
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_l ... population
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Don't reckon a tire full of gasoline around your neck would be an easy way to go.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Not good,
but not attributable to him.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

By the way,
the ANC made a statement today saying Mandal WAS a member of SA's communist party.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mescalero wrote:By the way,
the ANC made a statement today saying Mandal WAS a member of SA's communist party.
I suspect Good Man, bad company.....I don't know how much control he had over Winnie.....
United States were idiots not to step in any further than we did :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Let's not be brainwashed here. This trash don't belong on Leverguns. (Sorry Mes, nothing personal) The truth is, he turned South Africa into more of a toilet than what it was.

More corruption than you can shake a stick at.

20 kids by 5 different wives.

What's next, a Nelson Mandela National USA Holiday?

I hope they feed him to the crocs.

Whitey may be corrupt too, but he does know how to bring prosperity.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

I have to agree with Mescalero.

Mandela's integrity shone through when he was in power, not when he was the underdog. Whatever a man's political opinions may be, whatever his supposed confederates may do, I can't help but respect a man who does not abuse those over whom he has triumphed. He could have become a Mugabe but did not.

Most never have to take that test. Most that do take it fail. A rare few pass it. It is really the only thing that rises above race and cultural norms in our lives.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

92&94 wrote:I have to agree with Mescalero.

Mandela's integrity shone through when he was in power, not when he was the underdog. Whatever a man's political opinions may be, whatever his supposed confederates may do, I can't help but respect a man who does not abuse those over whom he has triumphed. He could have become a Mugabe but did not.

Most never have to take that test. Most that do take it fail. A rare few pass it. It is really the only thing that rises above race and cultural norms in our lives.
Well put. Very well put.
Retro
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Retro »

The truth is, he turned South Africa into more of a toilet than what it was.
Erm, no, you're wrong.

Yes, white people are worse off than they were. But we were only as well off as we were because we were exploiting black people. Black people are better off. Not as much as they could be, but that's not Mandela's fault, the current bunch is corrupt as anything.

Nelson Mandela could have come out of jail with vengeance in his heart, and we would have had a civil war. He could have kept himself in power until pretty much the day before yesterday, and he didn't.

The majority of people in this country think Nelson Mandela was a hero. The majority of *white* people in this country think Mandela was a hero. That's important.

Yes, the ANC is a horrible political party (but that also applies to your Republicans and Democrats, I don't think "good" and "political party" fits easily into the same sentence). The National Party was a horrible political party. The ANC learned a lot from them.

This is Africa. We never had a hope of being like you* All we are trying is to not become Zimbabwe.

Nelson Mandela was 100 times the statesman Barack Obama will ever be.

* Although you guys seem to be headed more in our direction right now...
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Retro wrote:
The truth is, he turned South Africa into more of a toilet than what it was.
Erm, no, you're wrong.

Yes, white people are worse off than they were. But we were only as well off as we were because we were exploiting black people. Black people are better off. Not as much as they could be, but that's not Mandela's fault, the current bunch is corrupt as anything.

Nelson Mandela could have come out of jail with vengeance in his heart, and we would have had a civil war. He could have kept himself in power until pretty much the day before yesterday, and he didn't.

The majority of people in this country think Nelson Mandela was a hero. The majority of *white* people in this country think Mandela was a hero. That's important.

Yes, the ANC is a horrible political party (but that also applies to your Republicans and Democrats, I don't think "good" and "political party" fits easily into the same sentence). The National Party was a horrible political party. The ANC learned a lot from them.

This is Africa. We never had a hope of being like you* All we are trying is to not become Zimbabwe.

Nelson Mandela was 100 times the statesman Barack Obama will ever be.

* Although you guys seem to be headed more in our direction right now...
Fair assessment from one that lives it...may he rest in peace.