smooooth 94

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

smooooth 94

Post by big bear »

I took my $350 32Win flat band 94 to range. (It has a sling stud on buttstock and about 80% bluing overall). It is a neat little carbine, really handy (best word I can come up with). The trigger is so smoooth , it's weird. One of the nicest trigger pulls I've ever come across. It's quite light and has a feel I've never come across before, sorta slippery? Is this a quality of old Winchesters, or just a lucky idiocyncracy? I got an old Lyman sight to put on the rifle ( can't remember whether the sight was the excuse for the rifle or viceversa, really :D ) . The dang thing is so light and handy I'm wondering whether to put it on or not.
Also took out my 71's and tried a load with 250gr Barnes bullets. The same load in my original 71 is quite comfortable to shoot whereas in my Browning 71 rifle the recoil was noticable. The Winchester feels a tiny bit heavier in the hand than the Browning , but the difference in perceived recoil was significant.I did not set up my chrono so can't say whether there may have been a significant change in velocity between the two rifle because of differnt chamber specs? I think I may have enough levers at last. I hope you guys are happy, you led me into this temptation!
old goat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by old goat »

...It was not uncommon for owners, in times past, to have their 94's trigger worked on. Sounds as if your's has had a trigger job done by a well qualified smith. Of course, you MAY have just gotten lucky.

...old goat
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Good For You. :D Weather it is luck or not a rifle with a trigger like that is a keeper. I have a model 64 and an early 94 38-55 that both have good trigger pulls. last Christmas I fell into a EMF model 92 that was used. the lever works like butter on teflon and the trigger is the best I have ever shot. I have no doubt it has been worked on by someone who knows His stuff. Jim.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

big bear,

Several years ago I snagged a virtually new and unused 1950 vintage Win 94 in 30-30. Very stiff. The kind of stiffness you used to get with a NEW gun before they broke in.
I've only got around 60 rounds through it and quite a bit of dry cycling. It's already showing signs of smoothing up both the action and the trigger.
In just those 60 rounds the trigger pull weight has dropped noticeably, and measurably.
I plan on shooting the snot out of this carbine this year. I may not get out to shoot every weekend like I did in AZ, but I'm gonna get that carbine broke in for sure.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***