Devils Den State Park

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Devils Den State Park

Post by Pitchy »

While in Arkansas we stayed a couple days at Devils Den State Park, very nice people and they even offered a Vet discount 8)
It is one of the best parks we have been too, very nice trail system and clean sites and restrooms. :)
Along the river people have stacked up rocks 8)

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
JayF in AZ
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Devils Den State Park

Post by JayF in AZ »

Nice pictures. It looks like a very nice park.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Interesting place, great photos, I've had some funny looks from folks when I stacked a few rocks over here... :)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Nice Park Pitchy, we have been there with the kids years ago. There is a real nice park at Mountain View in the mountains that is even prettier.

Pitchy you were just over an hour from Batesville. Reckon you went up U.S.65 when you left the Park towards Marshal and Harrison and points north. I know you would like the Mountain view area and the Ozark Folk Center. If you are still looking to relocate look it up on Google.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

JerryB wrote:Nice Park Pitchy, we have been there with the kids years ago. There is a real nice park at Mountain View in the mountains that is even prettier.

Pitchy you were just over an hour from Batesville. Reckon you went up U.S.65 when you left the Park towards Marshal and Harrison and points north. I know you would like the Mountain view area and the Ozark Folk Center. If you are still looking to relocate look it up on Google.
Thanks gents, we took the freeway north then cut over too US 65.
We thought hard about coming over your way as we did about going East too MM Wright`s place but we had to get home because the temps were falling back here and we didn`t drain the water.
We wanted to go to TX and look for Snoopy and look up 86er for a hog hunt and didn`t get that done either.
Maybe next time. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Great pics Pitchy, looks like a real interesting park, thanks for posting them :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Sorry about my mistake I was thinking about Wooly Hollow State Park north of Conway. Maybe next time we can meet you some place.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

Nice pics!

So what is all that rock stacking all about? (OR, how come they forgot the prayer flags, if it's about what it's about in the Himalayas?).

That stream looks like it might hold some smallmouths or trout, or both!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Mike, all the streams and creeks here in north Arkansas have real good smallmouth fishing and some have trout too.