For Old Ironsights, re: "My pair to draw to" post

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

For Old Ironsights, re: "My pair to draw to" post

Post by GoatGuy »

Nice photography too!--------------6[/quote]

Even better Photochopping... :mrgreen:[/quote]

OI - If you mean the photo in the post "My pair to draw to" has been photoshopped you flatter me, so thank you. However, you would be extending me way too much credit. Probably could not learn how to do photoshop if someone tried to teach me. Heck, at 71, I'm so "tech" dumb I just learned the day that was posted how to insert pictures in these posts. If you were accusing me of duplicity by posting a photoshopped picture, then you might consider if an apology is due.

After looking and looking at the pic in the post I can see why folks might have thought it was manipulated somehow, as the saddle does appear to be floating. Is that the reason for your comment? Although, as you seemingly are a bright and aware individual I'm surprised you didn't see that it is not, in fact, floating. If you look down from the left stirrup you will note a grey, knobby mid-portion of the 8" cedar post the saddle is perched upon. I will admit is was a very dumb and precarious location for the set-up. Truth be told, the saddle began tilting and I had to grab it to keep the whole thing from tumbling off the post just after the picture was taken. Nearly a "train wreck", it was a really stupid place to set it up.

Anyhow, as I am proud of a newly acquired posting skill just thought I would address your post regarding the photoshopping comment. Now if I can just continue to remember the process of posting pictures here I will have really accomplished something. That's for dang sure. - John
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: For Old Ironsights, re: "My pair to draw to" post

Post by Blaine »

I just really liked the picture..... 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I love the Picture. Looks like the real deal to Me. Goat Guy, please don't forget how to post pics.
U mentioned in another thread that U were an old Geezer, in looking at Ur pics I concur. :lol: keep em coming.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

BlaineG wrote:I just really liked the picture..... 8)
Thank you, Blaine. I really appreciate that.

And Thank you too, Perry, ...I think.
"...an old Geezer, in looking at Ur pics I concur" Indeed, sir. :lol:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

GoatGuy wrote:...
OI - If you mean the photo in the post "My pair to draw to" has been photoshopped you flatter me, so thank you.
You are welcome. It was intended to be so.
GoatGuy wrote:...However, you would be extending me way too much credit. Probably could not learn how to do photoshop if someone tried to teach me. Heck, at 71, I'm so "tech" dumb I just learned the day that was posted how to insert pictures in these posts. If you were accusing me of duplicity by posting a photoshopped picture, then you might consider if an apology is due.
I don't apologize for flattery... unless it got me slapped.. :wink: :lol:
GoatGuy wrote:...After looking and looking at the pic in the post I can see why folks might have thought it was manipulated somehow, as the saddle does appear to be floating. Is that the reason for your comment? Although, as you seemingly are a bright and aware individual I'm surprised you didn't see that it is not, in fact, floating. If you look down from the left stirrup you will note a grey, knobby mid-portion of the 8" cedar post the saddle is perched upon. I will admit is was a very dumb and precarious location for the set-up. Truth be told, the saddle began tilting and I had to grab it to keep the whole thing from tumbling off the post just after the picture was taken. Nearly a "train wreck", it was a really stupid place to set it up.

Anyhow, as I am proud of a newly acquired posting skill just thought I would address your post regarding the photoshopping comment. Now if I can just continue to remember the process of posting pictures here I will have really accomplished something. That's for dang sure. - John
Never a 'dis (thus the smiley), only a compliment on assumed skill (I thought it was a well done layering job). The Floating" thing was what caught my eye, but your explanation is appreciated. SInce I have no depth perception anyway, things like that get even more confusing to my messed-up eyes. :lol:

Either way, great pic.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

OI, great response. Thank you for the compliment and gentlemanly, humorous and bright reply. Oooops, hope my praise doesn't stain your reputation. :lol: - John
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

GoatGuy wrote:OI, great response. Thank you for the compliment and gentlemanly, humorous and bright reply. Oooops, hope my praise doesn't stain your reputation. :lol: - John
PTHLBTH! :P :mrgreen:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

And here I thought, for whatever reason, you just saddled the donkey backwards. :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Never a negative comment on pictures. .....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Old Ironsights wrote:
GoatGuy wrote:OI, great response. Thank you for the compliment and gentlemanly, humorous and bright reply. Oooops, hope my praise doesn't stain your reputation. :lol: - John
PTHLBTH -- OK, OK, ...I give up! Translation please. You should know us old folks hiding out in the hills and hollers of North Arkansas aren't very savvy about that modern kind of "shorthand". Present company excepted, of course, Lastmohecken and JerryB.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

GoatGuy wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:
PTHLBTH -- OK, OK, ...I give up! Translation please. You should know us old folks hiding out in the hills and hollers of North Arkansas aren't very savvy about that modern kind of "shorthand". Present company excepted, of course, Lastmohecken and JerryB.
PTHLBTH! (try pronouncing it...) means "Making a raspberry/Bronx Cheer in your general direction" because you impuned my callous evilness... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

OK, got it. However, I did spit on my keyboard trying to make the sound. :wink:
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I hope U Guys know that Hobie don't like that kind of talk !
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif