BLR and Old Lucky with Eight Pointer, Today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

BLR and Old Lucky with Eight Pointer, Today

Post by Lastmohecken »

Well, it's been very windy, and I didn't even go hunting yesterday, but this afternoon the wind laid down a little, and it was nice and sunny and about 60 degrees this afternoon, and I just had a feeling that if I went, I might get lucky.

Last weekend I traded for this very nice second generation Colt 357 Peacemaker and it shoots so good, I almost decided to just take it and nothing else, but in the end I decided to carry the Colt for good luck, and rely on my time proven BLR 308 for my primary weapon, and I am glad I did, because the shot required ended up needing to be fast and accurate, or take no shot at all.

The BLR got the job done, but think I am going to name the Colt "OLD LUCKY" because as I was getting ready to go hunting, this afternoon, my wife saw me putting my gun belt and holster on with the Colt in it, and asked me why I was taking the revolver, as I seldom pack a pistol and a rifle for a 2 hour hunt, and I told her it was for luck, I just had a feeling it would be lucky for me, today, and it seems that it did change my luck.

I did take a nice doe a couple of weeks ago, but I had blown a couple of chances at taking a buck, this year, and my usual stand, while being a good spot over the years, seems to get burnt out pretty easy, so I had left the area alone for a few days in hopes that the hunting might get better, and I would see more deer on stand. I think maybe that was a good plan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lastmohecken on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: BLR and Old Lucky with Eight Pointer, Today

Post by Blaine »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I managed track stew, and Deer Poopy Polonaise :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That's a good looking Arkansaw buck, good meat for this winter. I saw a nice buck behind the house this morning before we left for church, I would like a big doe but I'll take a buck if he comes back.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

JerryB wrote:That's a good looking Arkansaw buck, good meat for this winter. I saw a nice buck behind the house this morning before we left for church, I would like a big doe but I'll take a buck if he comes back.
Thanks, I was tempted to miss church this morning, myself, but since I missed last Sunday, I decided to go to church instead. I am more of an afternoon hunter, anyway.

Good Luck on that doe or buck.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

BlaineG wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I managed track stew, and Deer Poopy Polonaise :lol:
Yep, more often and not, that's the way it goes for me, too.
NRA Life Member, Patron
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Very nice! Looks like a healthy fellow -- some good eating.

Went looking for a lady elk today, but I didn't even have track stew: the few tracks I saw were made a week ago when ground was muddy from a little rain. Which means I get to go again!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Can't go wrong with the BLR. :D
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Congrats, Great buck! :wink:
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Congrats there Lastmohecken. Love to see those BLRs in action.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Good looking guns and food.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

that rack is about as beautiful as I've seen--symmetry excellent!
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Lastmohecken - Congratulations! Fine rifle and really nice looking buck. Wish I had a few that size hanging around. Bucks are scarce on my little place. Use to see many really good ones here.

Does are the only meat I see here since my pastures and woods became home to a sizable herd of meat goats, ...along with several Anatolian Shepherd livestock guardian dogs. :roll: No longer have the all the goats and dogs, just a half dozen goats and one dog now. Don't really need the dog as much, but he's such a dandy animal he'll be here as long as I am.

By the way, where are you in NWA?
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

GoatGuy wrote:Lastmohecken - Congratulations! Fine rifle and really nice looking buck. Wish I had a few that size hanging around. Bucks are scarce on my little place. Use to see many really good ones here.

Does are the only meat I see here since my pastures and woods became home to a sizable herd of meat goats, ...along with several Anatolian Shepherd livestock guardian dogs. :roll: No longer have the all the goats and dogs, just a half dozen goats and one dog now. Don't really need the dog as much, but he's such a dandy animal he'll be here as long as I am.

I live about 20 miles east of the Springdale, Fayetteville area.
NRA Life Member, Patron
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Lastmohecken wrote:
GoatGuy wrote:Lastmohecken - Congratulations! Fine rifle and really nice looking buck. Wish I had a few that size hanging around. Bucks are scarce on my little place. Use to see many really good ones here.

Well heck, we're pert near neighbors. I live just south, 15 minutes or so from the Fayetteville square, a little north of West Fork off US 71. We ought to get together, have a cup of coffee and talk guns. Now that I'm single, my time's my own.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Oh Lordy, that's a nice rack. Congratulations ! ----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

GoatGuy wrote:
Lastmohecken wrote:

Well heck, we're pert near neighbors. I live just south, 15 minutes or so from the Fayetteville square, a little north of West Fork off US 71. We ought to get together, have a cup of coffee and talk guns. Now that I'm single, my time's my own.
Well, we might just do that, We would probably find some people we know in common. It would probably have to be after the first of the year, as I have so much going on, right now with all of the work I have to get done, I am still a working stiff and we have several big jobs leading up to and during the Holiday shutdowns. I will be glad when it's over.
NRA Life Member, Patron
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Lastmohecken wrote:
GoatGuy wrote:
Lastmohecken wrote:

Well, we might just do that, We would probably find some people we know in common. It would probably have to be after the first of the year, as I have so much going on, right now with all of the work I have to get done, I am still a working stiff and we have several big jobs leading up to and during the Holiday shutdowns. I will be glad when it's over.
Lets try to do that after the first of the year. You may have to remind me as I get involved with what needs doing around and forget most everything a week or two out. Well, truth be told, I really don't have that much to do now with almost all of the stock gone, but it's a good excuse if I forget something. Looking forward to it and good luck to you getting all the jobs out ahead of you completed. It could be worse, I suppose, if no jobs were scheduled with nothing needed completing!
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Good job. It's a very nice deer!

Owen
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

That`s a nice buck, grats. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.