Remington model 341

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Remington model 341

Post by getitdone1 »

Any of you have a Remington model 241? I'm wanting one. They are the same action as the Browning 22 auto but have a longer, adult size stock.

Amazes me how I have to go back in time so far to find what I think will be my favorite 22 auto.

Don
Hobie

Re: Remington model 341

Post by Hobie »

getitdone1 wrote:Any of you have a Remington model 241? I'm wanting one. They are the same action as the Browning 22 auto but have a longer, adult size stock.

Amazes me how I have to go back in time so far to find what I think will be my favorite 22 auto.

Don
Yes. http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com/2 ... n-241.html
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

getitdone1 wrote:Any of you have a Remington model 241? I'm wanting one. They are the same action as the Browning 22 auto but have a longer, adult size stock.

Don
Amazes me how I have to go back in time so far to find what I think will be my favorite____________

Don,
I agree. I find this more and more about anything as time goes buy.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I have one and they are very very fine rifles. Mine is a family heirloom hand-me-down. You will not be disappointed if you find one in good repair. Mine is a take down. And for all I know, they are all take downs. Accuracy is quite good, reliability is excellent and it is nice to have a semi-auto rifle with some heft to it (as compared to the 1022 and the Browning and South American variants, which I think are far inferior). Surprisingly, they are equally reliable with high velocity ammo or subsonic hollow points. Everything seems to work in them - or at least in mine.

The only downside is that my wife really likes it and claimed it as her own, but I guess I can live with that.

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jessie/P ... uirrel.jpg
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

My dad has one. His favorite was the 39a, but there were two of us boys, so I used the Rem auto alot. Loved it, still do occasionally. Very fine sight, either dead on or complete miss, shot a ton of rabbits with it when I was young.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Thanks for all of your replies and Hobie thanks for the article. I see from the date of your article you haven't owned one for too long.

I find if they are in good condition they are in the 7-800 dollar range.

Should one of the best rim-fires cost as much as one of the best center-fires? I think so and one big reason is you'll probably shoot it much more than the center-fire.

The Remington 241 also has a rear sight I'm partial to. It's low, flat 'sides' with u-notch in the middle. I don't like even a hint of a buckhorn sight. I've seen some that did not have this type of rear sight but most I've seen do.

Don