CMMG screwing Coloradans

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

CMMG screwing Coloradans

Post by sore shoulder »

So I went to CMMG's website to order a few more of the .22 AR conversion mags (in stock item) before the 15 round limit goes into effect July 1st, and there's a banner on the order page that says...

You would think they might be willing to do us a favor and fast track us, kinda like Magpul did adding a special place to order mags on their non retail website. Thanks CMMG. :roll: Was going to buy another conversion kit and an upper from them too, not anymore.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: CMMG screwing Coloradans

Post by Mescalero »

I will buy them for you here in the free state of Arizona and send them to you.
Up those democarps noses.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Mescalero wrote:I will buy them for you here in the free state of Arizona and send them to you.
I appreciate that, but it would still be illegal for me.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Oh, sorry :cry:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

sore shoulder wrote:
Mescalero wrote:I will buy them for you here in the free state of Arizona and send them to you.
So? :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
ethang
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ethang »

Did you check with BlackDog Machine? They work in CMMG conversions but wont activate the bolt hold open. Looks like they are in stock when I just checked.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

sore shoulder wrote:So I went to CMMG's website to order a few more of the .22 AR conversion mags (in stock item) before the 15 round limit goes into effect July 1st, and there's a banner on the order page that says...

You would think they might be willing to do us a favor and fast track us, kinda like Magpul did adding a special place to order mags on their non retail website. Thanks CMMG. :roll: Was going to buy another conversion kit and an upper from them too, not anymore.
Gee... I'd never fill my truck with as many standard capacity magazines as it can hold and drive them to CO to hand deliver them to you after July 1.

Never.

Just want you to know that.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

ethang wrote:Did you check with BlackDog Machine? They work in CMMG conversions but wont activate the bolt hold open. Looks like they are in stock when I just checked.
Thanks, in stock and ships fast. Probably be buying other stuff too.
11B30
ethang
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ethang »

sore shoulder wrote:
ethang wrote:Did you check with BlackDog Machine? They work in CMMG conversions but wont activate the bolt hold open. Looks like they are in stock when I just checked.
Thanks, in stock and ships fast. Probably be buying other stuff too.
I have had really good results with them. Bought my first mags way back when he first launched the company and the three originals are still running just fine. Brownells had their branded ones on sale a few years ago and I picked up enough to last me.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

FWiedner wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:So I went to CMMG's website to order a few more of the .22 AR conversion mags (in stock item) before the 15 round limit goes into effect July 1st, and there's a banner on the order page that says...

Gee... I'd never fill my truck with as many standard capacity magazines as it can hold and drive them to CO to hand deliver them to you after July 1.

Never.

Just want you to know that.

:mrgreen:
x2 --- I much prefer to be on the wind swept, tornado damaged plains with humidity that rivals South Florida, than taking a few days to ride my mountain bike on some picturesque trails with 30% humidity in the summer
--- my truck can hold quite a few boxes of mags as well , but I prefer stocking it with plight and despair :wink: Next to all the plight and despair, I can easily fit my Santa Cruz Superlight, plus a milk crate full of Pmags though!
----- Doug
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I would never encourage nor participate in any of those things either. :lol:
11B30
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Penalizing Coloradans? Probably not. But by advising you of their plight, they're saving themselves the aggravation of having to notify you later that they were unable to process your order... refund monies paid, etc., etc. Or, they were pointedly saying, you elected these idiots... deal with the consequences.

I would never import illegal mags into Colorado either, but if they fell off my truck in WY, UT, NM, OK, NE or KS... who am I to wonder where they end up?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Griff wrote:Penalizing Coloradans? Probably not. But by advising you of their plight, they're saving themselves the aggravation of having to notify you later that they were unable to process your order... refund monies paid, etc., etc. Or, they were pointedly saying, you elected these idiots... deal with the consequences.
They are just trying to be honest, and survive...
sore shoulder wrote:
Mescalero wrote:I will buy them for you here in the free state of Arizona and send them to you. Up those democarps noses.
...and not break the law...

Wouldn't blame you if you picked up some that you found accidentally dropped on the side of the road by one of the other fellas here on the forum, though. . . 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I didn't say penalized, but they sure are giving us the shaft when it's within their power to give us a little help with a little over a month before the deadline. I doubt most customers would mind their order being a little late in order to help out the Colorado victims of gun control. I know I wouldn't.

I also kinda resent the idea that "we" elected them Griff. No, I didn't. The overwhelming and orchestrated invasion of Colorado by liberals and illegal immigrants did, fostered and facilitated by the current administration and people like Bloomberg. It was a clandestine tactical maneuver designed to give them a foothold in the mountain areas. It was engineered prior to the DNC being held in Denver. We never saw it coming.
11B30
K1500
Levergunner 2.0

Post by K1500 »

Coloradans screwing Coloradans.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

sore shoulder wrote:I didn't say penalized, but they sure are giving us the shaft when it's within their power to give us a little help with a little over a month before the deadline. I doubt most customers would mind their order being a little late in order to help out the Colorado victims of gun control. I know I wouldn't.

I also kinda resent the idea that "we" elected them Griff. No, I didn't. The overwhelming and orchestrated invasion of Colorado by liberals and illegal immigrants did, fostered and facilitated by the current administration and people like Bloomberg. It was a clandestine tactical maneuver designed to give them a foothold in the mountain areas.
I didn't state that to upset ya... but I'm glad it did... it's a collective "you"... and unlike our grandparents or great grandparents, we who were already here, haven't done that great a job of indoctrinating these "late-comers" with the mores, attitudes and such of the place we live. My own little town... 20 years ago, was a great little town, locals had been here for generations, oh yeah, we had a couple of "slums"... with the transient population, but the gendarmes knew them, kept an eye out. The housing boom of the '90s and early 2000s has hit hard, the influx of "city people" especially trying.

I understand totally. It's the price for living in a place that has such beautiful scenary and natural attributes that it attracts people like a magnet attracts iron shavings. The same thing applied to So. Cal. Those northeastern folks watched the Rose Bowl on Jan 1st, and decided that 3' of snow wasn't all that attractive. They moved en mass. And then pitched hades when what they found wasn't like what they left behind... Exactly the same folks that elected a President that stated, "...this is the Greatest country on the face of the earth... help me change it!"

Mad don't even begin to describe it. If we don't get control of Congress back soon, they'll control us. And that comment ain't about politics... both parties are equally to blame. Oh, to be king for a week...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I can't disagree with you on any particular point there Griff.
11B30
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

just last night I was listening to last week's Guntalk via podcast while I was driving and Tom had one of the Col. Sheriff's on the show. He said that 52 of the 62 elected Sheriffs in the state are joining a suit to have the new law thrown out as it violates the 2nd and 14th amendments and the Americans with Disabilities act.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Sore shoulder,
Condolences, welcome to MY world. Talk about being irritated. I went to a gun shop once in Nevada, and they wouldn't even let me TOUCH their guns. "You're from CA, you can't buy them anyway" It was a rifle I was considering for purchase at home. THAT attitude of his makes me now hope that shop was part of the Fast and Furious scandal. I have no remorse or would feel no loss for a shop like that to be forced closed. Turning on their own.

As for CMMG, I think they were just being honest. Imagine if you had placed your order from some other state, only to be pushed back so they could "expedite" to CO, and then find the factory discontinued it or some other issue arose. They are being equally fair to all their customers.

At least they don't take the attitude like some on here have about the ammo shortage, and say tough nuts to those still trying to buy ammo.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

At least they don't take the attitude like some on here have about the ammo shortage, and say tough nuts to those still trying to buy ammo.
:? :? I'm not seeing that...I do hope that after this go around that serious riflemen will take the opportunity to prepare years ahead of time for the next crisis....(who knows when the rug will be yanked out from under, and what you have is what you get forever?)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:
:? :? I'm not seeing that...I do hope that after this go around that serious riflemen will take the opportunity to prepare years ahead of time for the next crisis....(who knows when the rug will be yanked out from under, and what you have is what you get forever?)
Yea, I haven't seen that either. Seems I've seen the opposite though? Unless he's referring to those who scoffed at those of us who laid in a reserve, only to wish they had done the same and complaining about the lack of ammo.
11B30