1928 Mossberg Model B Trapper Special ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

1928 Mossberg Model B Trapper Special ?

Post by rock-steady »

My friend has inherited a Mossberg Model B Trapper Special .22 Rimfire single shot rifle. Where can he find a replacement wood stock? This one is broken right where the take-down screw is at the forearm. It's a neat old rifle and he wants to fix it up and keep as a momento of his Grandpaw.

"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 1928 Mossberg Model B Trapper Special ?

Post by Hawkeye2 »

The Mosberg Model B and the Premier Single Shot are the same gun and parts do sometimes show up on the gun auctions but not very often. I have been unable to find a source of parts otherwise. I own 2 Premiers and my brothers and I learned to shoot with one of them. Repair the existing sock and possibly have a stockmaker copy the existing one on a duplicating machine later though he will have more in the stock than the value of the gun.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Wow, she's a handsome thing. Simple, charming lines.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Second time this month I could have solved the problem if I had the roto-carve set up.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I'd just epoxy/repair the existing stock on that little gem.................