Kinda Quiet Today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Kinda Quiet Today

Post by J35 »

10 AM to 5 PM , at 4 pm another shooter showed up and followed me out at 5pm

100 yrd Rifle benches

25 yrd Pistol range

---J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
Ysabel Kid

Re: Kinda Quiet Today

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sigh... oh how I wish I was close to something that nice! :mrgreen:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I hadda look twice @ your pics. :roll:

They look very much like a couple of my gunclub's outdoor firing ranges - maybe ammo's gettin' too dear in your vicinity, too................

YK: My club's near the Western state line, about 12 miles from my home - about a 30min drive, fighting my way past the big box stores & fast food joints, etc, until I get to what used to be farm country.

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

I think it also has to do with the time of year.
I've noticed over the years the same thing at my gun club.
Also seems even the forum talk changes this time of year.
A good example, I'm currently looking on line for a new
snorkeling setup for my 10 day Caribbean trip in July 8)
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I was out in the barn, reloadin' ammo I've shot up over the last two weekends. 100 pistol in Cowboy45Special, 100 rifle in 45Colt and about 75 7/8oz 12 ga shotshells. Doin' my bit for the environment also... the new wads I've started using are billed as oxo-bio-degradeable. Supposedly they only take a few months to return from whence they came... They're stable until they're exposed to sunlight... or some such. I was only listenin' with one ear, trying to tune out another conversation with the other, all the while ogle something else with the ol' eyeballs. But... they was cheap!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Nice Range! I headed off to the range yesterday afternoon, expecting to see a few fellows enjoying the beautiful weather. Like you, there was not a soul there other than myself.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I like it when it's just me and the Chief Range Officer at our club. Since he's my shooting and all around buddy, it makes for a fun time even if we don't shoot much. :mrgreen:

The down side is it usually only happens in late July through August when it's 110*F... :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Sigh... oh how I wish I was close to something that nice! :mrgreen:
I wish you were to partner.

It cost's me $200 a year to shoot there, but it is the only place close. Safe places to shoot are pretty scarce here in the populated Mid Atlantic area.

If it wasn't for this range I would probably sell off 90% of my shooting stuff buy a couple more air rifles and a decent boat and call it good.

--J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

KirkD wrote:Nice Range! I headed off to the range yesterday afternoon, expecting to see a few fellows enjoying the beautiful weather. Like you, there was not a soul there other than myself.
Yea it was 68* with a light NW breeze, so was a little surprised at the low turn out.

--J
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

awp101 wrote: buddy, it makes for a fun time even if we don't shoot much. :mrgreen:

The down side is it usually only happens in late July through August when it's 110*F... :lol:
That's the funnest time to shoot :) out here, high humidity and heat makes for some heavy weird mirage.

--J
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

casastahle wrote:I think it also has to do with the time of year.
I've noticed over the years the same thing at my gun club.
Also seems even the forum talk changes this time of year.
A good example, I'm currently looking on line for a new
snorkeling setup for my 10 day Caribbean trip in July 8)
You are a brave man, my good buddy back in AZ loved to snorkel and scuba dive he taught his whole family all 9 kids and his wife, He had a 50 year lease on a beach house in Rocky Point, Baja Calif. If he wasn't working or hunting he was diving :)

--J
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

Griff wrote:I was out in the barn, reloadin' ammo I've shot up over the last two weekends. 100 pistol in Cowboy45Special, 100 rifle in 45Colt and about 75 7/8oz 12 ga shotshells. Doin' my bit for the environment also... the new wads I've started using are billed as oxo-bio-degradeable. Supposedly they only take a few months to return from whence they came... They're stable until they're exposed to sunlight... or some such. I was only listenin' with one ear, trying to tune out another conversation with the other, all the while ogle something else with the ol' eyeballs. But... they was cheap!

I can understand the cheap part :) and the reloadin is a never ending job but I enjoy it.

--J