it ALL started with an Olive-Drab colored revolver...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

it ALL started with an Olive-Drab colored revolver...

Post by 1894c »

i've been carrying one of two S&W 638 J-frame air-weights as a "BUG" for a very long time. i'm an old back-east street-relic that has never felt under-gunned with a 5-shot J-frame (the wonder-nine phenomenon was wasted on me). i've shot a Ruger LCR on-and-off for the last few years, these were owned by others, I liked them, but after all I cut my teeth on S&W so why change--although those Hogue Tamer grips were calling me, really comfortable, and that trigger pull, wow.

that all changed three weeks ago--my local corner LE-LGS got two Ruger LCR's in the Olive-Drab color (see my lousy cheap-cell phone photos). Olive-Drag is the Agency color that i serve, so the lure of high-tech polymer, stainless steel, and aircraft aluminum in my favorite color was un-resistible. since i bought the green LCR in .38spl. +P (13.5 ozs.), i also purchased a LCR in 357mag. (the .357mag has a stainless steel frame instead of aluminum, 17.1 ozs.). the S&W J-frames now reside with others.... :)

so now i have three BUG's: LCR-38spl.+P -- LCR-357mag. -- S&W M&P Shield in 9mm...choice is good, by the way i carry Agency approved Speer Gold-Dot 135gr. 38.spl +P in the LCR's and Speer Gold-Dot 124gr.9mm +P...Code-4

P.S.-- i know most of us love steel and wood, but after 12 years of Glocks i am completely and utterly ruined...
just can't resist the mixture of high-tech plastic and steel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: it ALL started with an Olive-Drab colored revolver...

Post by Tycer »

I like it.
How is the track record on the Speer 135s? That's what I keep in my Js and my bedside Rossi 92 trapper.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Tycer wrote:I like it.
How is the track record on the Speer 135s? That's what I keep in my Js and my bedside Rossi 92 trapper.
Tycer -- as you are probably aware the Speer 135's were designed for snub-nose revolvers. i haven't seen any "after-action" reports in my part of the earth about the 135's, but Speer in anything seems to do pretty well. We carry Speer 180's in .40S&W, and for us they have worked well when called upon... :)
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Nothing wrong with a .38 snub! :mrgreen: I haven't quite got my head around the LCR (mainly from a looks stand point I think). I probably need to take the time to get my grubby mitts on one.

Tangent alert! Tangent alert! :mrgreen:

How do you like that Shield? How does it compare size-wise to a G19? In fact, how does it compare to the G19 in general?
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
1894c

Post by 1894c »

awp101 wrote:Nothing wrong with a .38 snub! :mrgreen: I haven't quite got my head around the LCR (mainly from a looks stand point I think). I probably need to take the time to get my grubby mitts on one.

Tangent alert! Tangent alert! :mrgreen:
How do you like that Shield? How does it compare size-wise to a G19? In fact, how does it compare to the G19 in general?
the Shield is thinner, smaller, lighter than a Glock 19, the Shield is a single stack (mags 7 & 8 shot respectively), accuracy is decent, pocket carries ok, comes with a manual safety, that's why i bought it, it's has a different felling than the Glock 19 that you're used to, but the 19 is a very serviceable weapon, and many conceal and shoot it well--i also bought a SA-XDs in .45acp, but unfortunately that pistol and my thumb didn't get along... :(

after 12 years of using Glocks as a "BUG" i no longer own or carry one, had an incident when i was on patrol back in December, so after that I've been on the hunt for a replacement. now I've gone completely "old-school" as you can see with my recent purchases. been carrying the LCR's as my BUG and everyday carry... :)
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'll be watching for one of those.

I never wanted a Glock until they brought out the green ones. I bought two a 19 and a 26. Love 'em for what they are.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"