I just noticed 'Sturm' isn't there anymore...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I just noticed 'Sturm' isn't there anymore...

Post by AJMD429 »

I just noticed on this thread - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=47300 - that the "Sturm" is no longer part of the logo of Ruger firearms.

I remember being touched by the fact that Ruger changed from red to black 'eagles' (technically I think it is a phoenix) in memory of Sturm, and wondering what occasion brought them to selling red 'eagle' guns again a few years ago. Now there's not even an "S" in the logo... :(

I think that's kind of sad. Wonder why they felt the need to do that?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: I just noticed 'Sturm' isn't there anymore...

Post by J Miller »

AJ,

Not only is there no Sturm in the Ruger name, there is no Rugers involved in the Ruger plant anymore. Daddy died and the children bailed.
There is non family running the company now.

As to why, probably just cos they wanted to.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

That's like takin' the wr off my wranglers,just aint right!
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Chris83716
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Chris83716 »

Notice since the "Old man" and the kids are gone they are actually making guns that people want to buy? I don't think "no one needs more then 10 rounds" Bill would have ever let them make an AR type rifle, a scout type rifle or the LCP pistol. A changing of the guard is not always a bad thing.

Chris
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Well reasoned Chris.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Happened some time ago! It's Mossberg & Sons, but if they drop the "Sons" do I care? Not really. I'm more interested in the products and how they stand by them when it comes to any company.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Alex Sturm himself has been gone for what.. 60 some-odd years, and I really doubt that anyone involved in Ruger right now even remembers the man..

Kind of a shame really..
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Buck Elliott wrote:Alex Sturm himself has been gone for what.. 60 some-odd years, and I really doubt that anyone involved in Ruger right now even remembers the man..

Kind of a shame really..
true statement...very easy to forget how important Strum was in starting that company... :)
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

On their website contact info, they still list the mailing address as Sturm, Ruger, & Co., Inc.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Chris83716 wrote:Notice since the "Old man" and the kids are gone they are actually making guns that people want to buy? I don't think "no one needs more then 10 rounds" Bill would have ever let them make an AR type rifle, a scout type rifle or the LCP pistol. A changing of the guard is not always a bad thing.

Chris
You need to edit that to "making guns that SOME people want to buy". I frankly think the whole LCP/LCR/SR/1911/AR stuff could be eliminated and they'd have a better line up.
Last edited by jeepnik on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

jeepnik wrote:
Chris83716 wrote:Notice since the "Old man" and the kids are gone they are actually making guns that people want to buy? I don't think "no one needs more then 10 rounds" Bill would have ever let them make an AR type rifle, a scout type rifle or the LCP pistol. A changing of the guard is not always a bad thing.

Chris
You need to edit that to "making gunst that SOME people want to buy". I frankly think the whole LCP/LCR/SR/1911/AR stuff could be eliminated and they'd have a better line up.
Well peg me as one of the "SOME", my SR 45 is on the way. Should be here in a week or so. If it weren't for Jeff Quinn, might have gone a different direction...but I'll take is word on it.

Was gonna pop for another 1911, but never could find one that would handle SWC's plated or not.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Jr and I were talking about a # 1 in .45-70. I like the old stuff myself.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

AJMD429 wrote:I just noticed on this thread - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=47300 - that the "Sturm" is no longer part of the logo of Ruger firearms.

I remember being touched by the fact that Ruger changed from red to black 'eagles' (technically I think it is a phoenix) in memory of Sturm, and wondering what occasion brought them to selling red 'eagle' guns again a few years ago. Now there's not even an "S" in the logo... :(

I think that's kind of sad. Wonder why they felt the need to do that?
Many changes upon Mr. Rugers death. Some good, some bad.