Bill and Sam

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Bill and Sam

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm thinking of buying a Savage 94 in 16GA so did a search for videos and found this gem, the second video is really painful to watch, Bill and Sam are probably nice guys but gun reviews are not their forte, it's even in reverse image.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_PL2HHY_fU

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBirdhunters
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Re: Bill and Sam

Post by nemhed »

Everyone's a star on YouTube. Please don't judge Americans too harshly! :lol:
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Youtube is full of goofballs.

I have a Savage/Stevens 94c in 12 ga.that was a birthday present in 1981, it was new that year. I have killed many squirrels with it over the years. It is a full choke and holds a very tight pattern. It is no problem, using #5 shot to kill tree rats out of the tops of tall trees.

The only issue I have had was with the plastic trigger guard. It broke at the rear screw hole and I have never been able to find a replacement. I have it cobbled together until I find a new one or decide to make one from scratch somehow.

My Dad has my Grandfathers Savage 94 that was made sometime before WW2. It was the one and only gun he could afford and used it to hunt the swamps of southeast Missouri for food. I remember him winning many turkey shoots with it when I was a kid . It will occupy a place of honor in my safe someday.

Kevin
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have a 94 with a Tenite stock. It is a 20 ga. Good thing as most people hate the recoil of the Tenite stocked guns because they are so light. I have to admit, I like my H&R Topper (the same as the New Englander line) better.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Mac in Mo wrote: The only issue I have had was with the plastic trigger guard. It broke at the rear screw hole and I have never been able to find a replacement. I have it cobbled together until I find a new one or decide to make one from scratch somehow.
My Buffalo Classic had a plastic trigger guard. I cut it off with a dremel and put on a brass one from Track of the Wolf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Hobie,

Grandpa's gun has the Tenite stock. My wood stocked one and his kick like Missouri mules!

Chas.

Thanks. I'll check on that.

Kevin
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I had a very old 16 Gauge 94 with the Tennite stocks, only the buttplate was broken off, leaving only a jagged shell to thrust into your shoulder. Having all the wisdom of a 13 year old, I shot and hunted with that bad boy but it sure left a mark! :shock:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

That vid is proof that Bubba had kids! :o :) My brother still has the M94 that Dad had when we were growing up. It is 12ga with the Tenite stock. I think I still have black, blue, green, and red marks on my shoulder from shooting that thing back in the '60s without a shirt on! Maybe my Dad's middle name was Bubba. :shock: That old gun sure got it's share of rabbits, tree rats, and varmints. If you missed it was not the gun's fault.
dennie
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker