Score - 45/70

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Score - 45/70

Post by Chas. »

I was kinda looking for a Marlin 1895CB (45-70 Cowboy). A fella notified me that there was one, in like-new condition, in a gun shop in Michigan. I called them and scored it for $550 + $25 shipping, which is a pretty good price for an 1895CB. I received it the other day, and it truly looks new - hang tags and all. I guess I'm living right.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Score - 45/70

Post by ollogger »

Thats a good buy, Great going

ollogger
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Chas.
We must be living right.I have been trying to find one for months.They are a very rare item where I am.
We have a paper here called "The Ad Bulletin" which has an excellent guns for sale section.My son and I always buy one on Tuesday to see what is being offered.For the first time that we can remember there was an Marlin 1895CB in 45-70 listed.I called and it had not been sold.Well you can guess I got directions to this fellows house,pronto.He brought the rifle out still in the box,with the lock,instruction manual, parts list etc. I did not even ask if he would take less than the $500 he was asking.I just handed him the money,said thank you and left before he changed his mind.I,too am a very fortunate and happy levergunner .Hope to get some range time,if we can get the weather to cooperate.Been nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I had two of them I bought new !

The first one I shot a fair amount and it did very nicely I might add with jacketed and cast !

The second one was bought to be relined to 40-65 , but I got an original before I could bring myself to tear apart a new gun and I eventually sold/traded it to a gemtleman on this forum .

The second deer I ever killed using open sights and cast bullets was done in with that 1895CB shooting my home cast 330 grain Gould HP bullets .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Good score for sure.
Mine is a great and accurate shooter. You will love it. :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Both you guys got smokin' deals on your Cowboys....I trimmed the stock, and fit a Simms to it, as that curved butt knocked the stuff out of me. I put on a Wild West Happy Trigger, and a Marbles Tang. I was setting it up for a 1000 yard White Buffalo Shoot, so I trimmed the front sight, and shaved it to a razor's edge, so, it shoots about 14 inched high @ 100 yards :roll: Someday, I'll get a different front sight on it.. :lol: You are going to love those rifles....Shoot 'em like ya stole 'em.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Man, really great buys on those CB's
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30